New Pic - Flodden?

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
parkinspieces
Major
Major

New Pic - Flodden?

Post by parkinspieces » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:17 pm

Hi Barry,

Very nice new pic, is it from your Flodden collection :?: I assume the article to which you refer is indeed about this brilliant English VICTORY :lol:
You didn't mention which magazine it will appear in :?

Having an interest in Tudor warfare, I picked up a very nice little paperback on Flodden at the recent Derby show by Niall Barr, some very nice illustrations if a little small. I recognised some from a Military Modelling article wayyy back in time :lol: I've not bought the Osprey one (yet) as a bit disapointed with the illustrations.

Hope we can see more of this part of your collection as it is a very much undergamed period........any chance it could be a Partizan game :wink:

What rules do you use :?:
pappenheimuk
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by pappenheimuk » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi
Barry what figs did you use, I have started an army for the Scots using Dixon figs,but I feel that they may be just a wee bit late for Flodden. maybe more suitable for around the time of Pinkie?

David
"Anything but a one and you'l be OK!!!"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:36 am

Chaps,

the Flodden stuff was done many years ago. I have always seen it an a project that needed more work :roll: I got the figures out for a look recently and was pretty taken with them. So, they will get some development over the next few months.
Despite being done on very imaginative scenic bases I am actually thinking of rebasing them together with a shedload of new stuff. Will demo it at somtime in the future. No rules decided yet.
The figs are Foundry War of the Roses.

Scotland was a bit behind in fashion so I think these are legit. I didn't like/don't like any Dixons figs (with the exception of the Grand Alliance range).
The article is actually about command and control in wargames(amongst other things :wink: ). Command and control at FLODDEN was not good!..
hoe it will see the light over the next couple of months as the pic I posted is not even one of the best
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:20 pm

I'm very fortunate in having a custom made figure of James IV which my lovely wife got Aly Morrison to make and paint for me many years ago. If you want to see it Barry I'll try and remember to bring it up at the weekend.

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:31 pm

Would love to see it Dave :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:33 pm

I'll try to remember and bring it up at the weekend. The figure is based on the illustration of James in the Charles Kightly book on Flodden except that he is not looking at a map.

Cheers
Dave