Yo Ho Ho!.. an unholy Alliance - Konstam & Hilton

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Sun May 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Er...how did this post get from Battlegames articles to Politics :o

I thought I'd clicked on the wrong site :wink:

Personaly, I'd vote for who ever wanted to re-build Hadrians Wall :twisted: :wink:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:15 pm

Vote for ME then!! 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon May 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Barry :shock: - and after all those things you've said about about the SNP :lol: Or do you just wanna run around in a toga and play at "Roamin Soldiers" :shock: after you've rebuilt the wall :shock:

Go for it Ben, I d love to see what the English could do with "Independence from the UK" :wink:

On a linguistic note, in the north east here the term "loons" refers to youths, lads, young men (even the nick name of Forfar Athletic FC) whatever the anglophile term is. Is this the same meaning of the term "loones" or do I discern they may have a slighly more "mad" connotation derived from the latin "luna" :?:

I'm off, before I get thrown off this website :wink:

Thinredine
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Bob and All,

no one will get thrown off this website for good natured banter :wink:
I am by instinct a Unionist, by birth a Scot, by ancestry a heinz variety:
Scot/Irish/Canuck/Englishmen so can claim to be everything and nothing!
I think you know my views on the SNP as I am never done ragging DS on the matter :lol:

My view is we've been together 300 years, it's worked pretty well, why change it? the world is fragmented enough
:roll: :roll:

Henry Ford
Bluebear
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Bluebear » Mon May 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Just for the edification of those of us NOT in the UK, . . . What is SNP?

-- Jeff
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon May 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Ah well, ye ken ma perspective on "Fitba" an "Religion" as well Barry :D

What puzzled me was the reference to building up "the wa" again :?: If anything, I thought you would be wanting to reclaim the remaining masonry for sale as second hand building materials :wink:

Jeff - the SNP (Scottish National Party) forms the current minority administration in the devolved Scottish Parliament. They are the largest single party (by 1 MSP - Member of the Scottish Parliament). It's basically home rule with deferred matters decided in Westminister by the Government of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland. Wales and Northern Ireland have a similar set up with variations on the theme. Hence my quip to Ben

"Go for it Ben, I d love to see what the English could do with "Independence from the UK"

The English only have Westminster, with no form of devolved government to administer to them seperately, unless you count "Londinium" - centre of the universe with Boris Johnson as Mayor :shock:

Trusting this forms a politcally correct viewpoint of the SNP and the governance of the British peoples :wink:

As ever, tongue in cheek :lol:
Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 am

thinredline wrote:Barry :shock: - and after all those things you've said about about the SNP :lol: Or do you just wanna run around in a toga and play at "Roamin Soldiers" :shock: after you've rebuilt the wall :shock:

Go for it Ben, I d love to see what the English could do with "Independence from the UK" :wink:

On a linguistic note, in the north east here the term "loons" refers to youths, lads, young men (even the nick name of Forfar Athletic FC) whatever the anglophile term is. Is this the same meaning of the term "loones" or do I discern they may have a slighly more "mad" connotation derived from the latin "luna" :?:

I'm off, before I get thrown off this website :wink:

Thinredine
:D No problem - English Democrats want a federal UK with an English Parliament, not Independance for England...

(Why are most of my posts now on this stuff rather than toy soldiers? My own fault I suppose...)

Best
Ben
Last edited by Ben Waterhouse on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
azeroth
Captain
Captain

Post by azeroth » Tue May 06, 2008 10:17 am

Ha notice the mighty Boris has begun his plan for world domination??

First London then the UK then Europe then the world, soon we will be run by the peroxide mop headed buffoon......

Sorry must go take my tablets.

As for building Hadrians wall, well i live in scotland and drive to england every day to work so as long as there is a gate for the M74 to pass through that is ok by me

IanB
A moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole
It does not look likely to stir a man's soul
'Tis the deeds that were done 'neath the moth eaten rag
When the pole was a staff and the rag was a flag.

E Hamley
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:20 am

yes BEN!!.. your fault :wink:

Henry Ford
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Tue May 06, 2008 10:23 am