Attention US members

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Anonymous

Attention US members

Post by Anonymous » Sat May 21, 2005 1:40 pm

As you know barry and firends have a League of Gentleman Wargamers in Scotland. I thought it maybe an idea to have an American chapter. I know we are all seperated by more miles than our UK compatriots but it may be possible to organize games at the Big east three.Cold wars, Historicon, and Fall In. I would try and act as a central clearing house for any planned games etc.Then we can all lobby Barry and David and any ofthe other UK members to come over and take part at Historicon perhaps.Please feel free to email me at
Scotia123135@msn.com
I am already going to be running a game at Historicon and if you intend go look me up.Regards Lindsay
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun May 22, 2005 12:29 am

Maybe, just maybe if Barry and friends do come here can we talk them into bringing their figures as well? :D
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun May 22, 2005 12:38 am

On a more realistic note, your idea of forming a League here in the States is a good idea. The SYW Association really doesn't like gaming at the beginning of the 18th century and the Pike & Shot prefers the periods prior to the WSS & League of Augsburg periods although I'm sure Iain can pull a few folks into our period of interest. By forming a loose association we could put on focused games at the major conventions and hopefully draw more people into the period. Excellent suggestion! Also, if we're all basing our units on ULB then we'd be able to bring all our 'toys' together for a big bash! This is something to seriously think about.

18th Century Guy
Anonymous

yep

Post by Anonymous » Sun May 22, 2005 12:54 am

That was my intention in the first place.It may even provoke manufactureres into making even more "toys" :) for our period of choice.
As I said I am running a game at Historicon its Border Reivers but thats a personal thing I have wanted to do for a long time. Perhaps we can have a first informal meeting of The American Chapter of The League of Gentleman Wargamers. BTW Yingling is my preferred discussion accessory.
regards Lindsay
Anonymous

Uk members at Historicon

Post by Anonymous » Sun May 22, 2005 1:07 am

I think they will have an empty suitcase coming over to take all there new "toys" home. So I see no possibility of them taking anything but maybe command units :lol:
regards Lindsay
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 23, 2005 9:43 pm

Guys, just found out that I may have a business trip to Florida the week- end of Historicon this year! Now isn't that a coincidence! :shock: :shock: :idea:

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Anonymous

Florida

Post by Anonymous » Mon May 23, 2005 9:56 pm

Better bring empty suitcase :lol:
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Tue May 24, 2005 7:34 pm

That would be great if you could make it to Historicon!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:25 pm

Guys,

looks like the Historicon trip is on for me. I have work in Florida w/c 25/7 and will stay with family in NJ beforehand so I'll probably make Historicon on the Saturday/Sunday. Maybe we'll bump into each other but... how will we know who is who??? Shall I wear a red carnation and carry a rolled up copy of the Daily Record in my suit pocket!!! :roll:

Cheers

B

Henry Ford
Anonymous

Just follow sound of raucous laughter

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:31 pm

Everyone wears name tags. i don't know if you plan to to stay overnight but one day is not enough time to see everything.On the Sat look for Bright Blue tee shirt
with Scotland in white thats me. On sunday there is not much going on as the games finish at noon. Perhaps a good time to meet people.
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:42 pm

Well, if we know what time then we can plan to meet at some appointed place. I'm leaving sometime Saturday but I can hang around for most of the day. Lindsay when do we want to meet for our Americas version of the "League of Gentleman Wargamers"??

18th Century Guy
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:07 pm

I might actually make it out for 21st /22nd just chekcing flight availability at the moment.

cheers
B

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Historicon

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:11 pm

I am now confirmed for a visit to Historicon. Should manage Thursday to Saturday before heading down to Florida.

See you there! 8)

Barry

Henry Ford