Napoleonic Honour Roll Hohenbrunn & Flussgarten

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Napoleonic Honour Roll Hohenbrunn & Flussgarten

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:29 pm

Gentlemen of the League,

thought it might be a good idea if we started a Roll of Honour for units with outstanding battle performance.

I would be interested in your nominations.
From memory mine are...

Hohenbrunn(a little hazy now but..)

1st Carabinier FRENCH (Capturing Prussian infantry standards and melee performance)
Chevauleger BAVARIAN ( Heroic charges to check the advance of French 10th Division)
Don Cossacks RUSSIAN (for having the temerity to charge a Cuirassier regiment head on..and rout it!)

Flussgarten
33 de Ligne FRENCH (Defence of Adlerhafen)
80 de Ligne FRENCH (Defence of Adlerhafen)
11 de Ligne FRENCH (Defence of Adlerhafen)
4 Regiments of the 11th Cavalry Division FRENCH (for stopping the Prussian advance on the right wing and routing 3 Divisions with a single charge)
Vistula Legion & 45 de Ligne FRENCH (Defence of Kupfernestadt)
3 Battery Army Artillery Reserve FRENCH (Defence of Flussgarten)

Chevau Leger BAVARIAN (Overunning the guns of 3 Battery at Flussgarten)
Leib Hussars PRUSSIAN (destroyed in combat after repeatedly charging in the defence of their infantry and guns)
Kurmarck and Lithuanian Dragoons PRUSSIAN (repeated charges in the van of the Prussian attack, destroying the 9th Cavalry Division and taking several Eagles)
Un identified Austrian Hussars for overunning the guns of 2nd Corps

If anyone would like to dispute or add pls let me know!!!!

Cheers

Umpire Number 1
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Honour Roll

Post by sharnydubs » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:33 pm

Barry, I agree we should have an honour roll or at least a mechanism of keeping of track of the various regiments progression as the campaign continues. Some method of rewarding line regiments with progression to veteran status if they achieve some significant success during one or other of the battles or regression if they keep routing !
I think you have all the casualty sheets from the last battle. The Russian units performance are summarised in Prince Andrei's letter to the Czar. Most memorable for me were the taking of the hill and capture of MacDonald by the Smolensk Dragoons and Pavlov Grenadiers and the consistent high performance of the Imperial Guard Cossacks.

Peter