POLL: What should we work on next?

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!

What would you like us to start working on next?

REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE Napoleonic Scenarios book
24%
VICTORY WITHOUT QUARTER ECW/TYW rule book
25%
BENEATH THE LILY BANNERS SYW rules (new name)
7%
BENEATH THE LILY BANNERS 2nd Edition
6%
BENEATH THE LILY BANNERS Scenarios 1670-1720
28%
LoA & Quindia Wargames Modelling Guide
11%

Total votes: 89
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

POLL: What should we work on next?

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Republic to Empire is now off to the printers with the proofs (I hope) arriving with Clarence within the next seven days. Then, it'll be a 'go' if they are ok.
I have a wadge of new stuff to launch including 25 different counter sets for R2E for Austrians,British,French,Prussians & Russians. The design and production work is already complete for these and they will be launched at the same time as the book. A few people have already seen them at Partizan, Falkirk, Claymore and SKELP this years and the reaction has been hugely positive.
So, that's done... CH and BH are kind of sitting on our hands at the moment wondering what to do next. We have a variety of Options some of which are as follows:

1. Scenarios book for Republic to Empire done in the same style as the rules.
2. Victory without Quarter: Clarence's ECW rules with the addition of a new TYW section. Produced in the WordTwister style of BLB and R2E.
3. Beneath the Lily Bannersadapted for the SYW as requested by several gamers
4. Beneath the Lily Banners Revised edition. Including crossover mechanisms from Republic to Empire. The first production run of BLB is down to the last 15 copies and I will not reprint in the current format. The only way BLB will get reprinted is if I add significant value for people who might buy it. That means, new photos, new scenarios, incorporation of ALL amendments which are currently discussed on this forum and elsewhere.
5. Beneath the Lily Banners Scenarios book. Covering the period 1670 - 1720.
6. Terrain and Modelling guide by CH & BH on 'how we do it'.. including terrain, painting, flags ,basing, conversions etc

As we sit here contemplating our navels your views would be particularly useful. Please look at our little Poll here and give us your votes. It will make a difference. Tell some of your friends too as the more of a fix on what wargamers want we can get the more likely we are to produce something that suits you! :D cheers

Barry & Clarence
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Barry and Clarence,

If you are considering a BtLB 2nd Edition, then I would certainly buy a copy. If you really wished to go to town on it, I would suggest hardback and filling it out with examples of play using photographed units and, maybe for those new to the period, a basic painting guide. OK, it would be expensive but, in my opinion, a worthy investment for those amongst us who will be laying out on figures, paint and terrain.

There now, that should put the cat amongst the doos.

Regards,

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
Coyote
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Coyote » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Modelling guide, followed by R2E scenarios.
Tyler "Coyote" Provick
http://tyler.provick.ca
Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:18 pm

I think I did it wrong, meant to vote on BLB 2nd edition but it ended up on the scenario book instead, anyway...
Low Roller 1-1
Private
Private

Post by Low Roller 1-1 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 pm

my vote was for a R2E scenario book

I like this kind off addition to a rules set - even if you don't use the exact armies or scenario it give you a starting place for your own games.

But a ECW rule book would not go a miss :wink:
Low Roller 1-1

Rolling low since 1975
Atheling
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Atheling » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm

I voted ECW. This is simply due to the fact that I don't own any painted miniatures suitable for Naps (barr some Humbrol gloss painted Hinchliffe's!), nor for BtLB.

I bought BtlB and I will be buying R2E too. Both quality books that are inspiring in many ways outside of their particular 'period/s'.

Cheers,

Darrell.
Just Add Water High Quality Painting Service:
http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
Gawalthaufen Blog (Late 15C Warfare):
http://gewalthaufen.blogspot.co.uk/
La Journee Blog (Early 15thC Warfare):
http://lajourney-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
Churchill
General
General

WSS Scenario book Plz Plz Plz

Post by Churchill » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: WSS Scenario book Plz Plz Plz

Post by CoffinDodger » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Churchill wrote: ...information and OOB's for the five major battles, Blenheim, Ramillies, Oudenarde, Malplaquet and Almanza with all troop classifications included in the OOB's.
Not to mention a comprehensive list of each of the brigadiers involved and their mistresses. :twisted:

Jim
Jim O'Neill.
Heneborn
Major
Major

Re: POLL: What should we work on next?

Post by Heneborn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:47 pm

barr7430 wrote: 5. Beneath the Lily Banners Scenarios book. Covering the period 1670 - 1720.
As my vote ended up on this option I hope there will be an extensive chapter on the Scanian War...?

8)
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:54 pm

CoffinDodger wrote:
Churchill wrote:
Not to mention a comprehensive list of each of the brigadiers involved and their mistresses. :twisted:
Ooooo... I want to paint up the mistresses!!! :D
Churchill
General
General

Female Camp Followers and Mistresses.

Post by Churchill » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:57 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:06 am

quindia wrote: ...Ooooo... I want to paint up the mistresses!!! :D
Clarence,

As you probably know, I am just getting into this period and starting to collect some serious lead. I like the look of Barry's "Luxembourg" vignette in the BtLB rulebook and this has given me a thought for a commander base to represent myself on the board.

The figures for this one will be based on Front Rank's portly gentleman and female sculpts and may or may not involve a tent and the other trappings of battlefield luxury.

That's what's drawn me to this era: the ability to inject a little period humour.

Jim
Jim O'Neill.
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:17 pm

5. Beneath the Lily Banners Scenarios book. Covering the period 1670 - 1720.[/u]
My vote is for the BLB scenarios book including: Seneffe 1674, Cassel 1677, Saint-Denis 1678, Walcourt 1689, Fleuris 1690, Staffarda 1690, Steenkerque 1692, Marsaglia 1693, Neerwinden 1694, Torroella 1694, Siege of Namur 1695 - storming of the Brussels Gate.

For a 'what if' scenario how about the Colonel of Regiment de Navarre taking command at Blenheim Village and leading the garrison in a breakout attempt.
If you are considering a BtLB 2nd Edition, then I would certainly buy a copy. If you really wished to go to town on it, I would suggest hardback and filling it out with examples of play using photographed units and, maybe for those new to the period, a basic painting guide.
I would buy a 2nd edition of BLB. Maybe Barry could do it as a limited edition.

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
Liam A of E
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Liam A of E » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:11 am

Victory Without Quarter please. I already play this very regularly (big game on Sunday coming) and I would like to see it supported.

Best ECW rules ever.
Vex me Not, or I will have you dragged awhile....
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:10 pm

CoffinDodger wrote: ...I would suggest hardback.
Barry,

I'm giving this a bit more stress along with my thoughts to see what the rest of the guys and your good self think.

Two months ago I spent £25 on buying Foundry's hardback Napoleon and will shortly be forking out £30 on Rick Priestly's hardback Black Powder. I already have the hardback rules for Flames of War which also cost £30.

Now, I may be a sucker for well-produced rule sets but, I would love to see a similar treatment given to Beneath the Lily Banners and would not mind paying a premium for it. I will still, of course, be buying Republic to Empire.

Now, I know nothing about publishing and the costs involved so, am I living in false hope?

Jim
Jim O'Neill.