The "New Foundry's" shipping to the USA?

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The "New Foundry's" shipping to the USA?

Post by Cheriton » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Hello:

Not looking to provide a new rant thread, really. :lol:

I have been attempting, at their website, to simply learn what the rates will be without actually playing with the "Cart".

Does anyone know as yet, do Foundry even know as yet? :wink: I should hope so since the "Cart" and selection seem enabled.

I am far from a Foundry fan-boy, but I do have three periods' projects, begun a decade or so ago, in which I shouldn't mind filling out some units & armies at the current prices I am seeing.

Any decision to do so hinges entirely on anticipating the "delivered cost". All I have seen noted there is "Free Standard Delivery", but I cannot find any detailed explanation.

Could well be, not finding the info, yet another mid-life brain "pfffft!" I suppose. :?

Cheers,

Michael
"Blessing of your heart you brew good ale."

~ Shakespeare
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Re: The "New Foundry's" shipping to the USA?

Post by Redmist1122 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:44 am

Michael,
Well, as I posted on the post about Foundry, I placed an order a week ago for some of the recent vignetts before all this came about. I took advantage of the 60% off their book selection. So I placed an order with a book, (free shipping) and two vignetts. Well, their web site screwed up and come to find out, the book was not available and got a refund. My order, well, free shipping still and waiting on the two vignetts.

My near future order w/Foundry will include a book to get the free shipping deal.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Hello Greg:
Redmist1122 wrote:Michael,

I took advantage of the 60% off their book selection. So I placed an order with a book, (free shipping) and two vignetts. Well, their web site screwed up and come to find out, the book was not available and got a refund.
Thanks for the comments. On the "Book Fiasco" front I ordered three (East Asian/Indian) titles. That was about 10 days ago, haven't seen books nor refund. :?

I originally received an email (about 6/23) from Neil (one and the same?) saying he had personally packed the books and posted them.
My near future order w/Foundry will include a book to get the free shipping deal.
On the shipping matter I am wondering if they are going so far as to have the typical 10% to 30% shipping as with most dealers and then still have the "Free" threshold. I mean if I could get specific blisters with a 10% (or even 20%) I 'd be prone to do so simply to fill out some units.

I haven't yet checked Caliver to see how all this might be impacting their own handling of Foundry figures

The "Free Standard Shipping" was connected to Hordes. But, try as I might, I could not find a page that clearly delineated any shipping policies much less any new and more rational ones.

So, still sitting and wondering...in California :roll:

Michael
"Blessing of your heart you brew good ale."

~ Shakespeare
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Michael,
I've signed up for the "Foundry Newsletter". With that e-mail, has a lot of sales and what nots, so I click on the e-mail link that takes me to the sales. Not sure if it's a e-mail thing only. They've hooked me a few times on their sales.

Will have to wait maybe a few weeks before the extra funds roll in...before I order something.

Maybe by then the dust will have start to settled and we'll see what the "real deal" is with Foundry.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA