WARGAMES ILLUSTRATED 300th issue Party

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

WARGAMES ILLUSTRATED 300th issue Party

Post by barr7430 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Attended the 300th issue/25th Anniversary Party of Wargames Illustrated today at Beeston in the new premises of Battlefront UK. Nice day out. Lots of contributors past and present. Well hosted by Dan Faulconbridge and his team with lovely catering and plenty of liquid sustinence. The 300th issue is beautiful with a retro cover (ie the old style with shots of minis and not artwork from BF). This particular version is restricted to 2k copies going to subscribers, the other copies have General Custer on the front. As befits a 300th issue it has 300 pages and some lovely stuff in it.

Had nice chats with Chris Peers, Dave Marshall, Nick Eyre, Duncan Mac and Dan today. Lots of Wargames Glitterati at the do.. Alan & Michael, Rick Priestley,Warlord Team, Beast Team, the Essex Millionaire Gamers who I don't really know but often feature in the mag, James Morris.

Very much worthwhile getting hold of this mag as it has a lot of cracking articles. I think it goes on general release next week.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: WARGAMES ILLUSTRATED 300th issue Party

Post by Rob Herrick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:43 am

When you refer to subscribers, does that refer to those of us with monthly subscriptions, or was it a special bit?
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 am

monthly subscriptions I believe Rob
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 am

barr7430 wrote:monthly subscriptions I believe Rob
In Issue 299 they say
'Get WI300 at no extra cost as part of your subscription by subscribing online...'
WI300 will be launched at the FOW Euro GT, Maestrom Games on 22 September, and will in-store around the world the following week.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.