The Shop

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Scruff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

The Shop

Post by Scruff » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:28 am

Hello all

I saw the posting about the Cav special and thought I would take a gander at the stuff in the shop. Its the first time I have visited the shop in a real long time (it could even be pre warfare minis) and was a bit turned off I am sad to say.

It was hard to navigate to look at stuff as it seems all the whole warfare range is just lumped into a single tag/link and you have to scroll through 10 pages to see the whole range.

If for ex I was looking for say some guns, I would have to scroll through 9 pages to find them and if I was an outsider I might have given up long before then so to speak.
I suspect its even worse if I was putting together an army order, what page were those grenadiers I ordered on, I want to add some more to order kinda thing.

Maybe break the warfare tab down into Inf/Cav/Artillery will make it easier?

What are other peoples thoughts?

As an aside they truly are wonderful looking figures Barry :)

cheers
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Shop

Post by barr7430 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:08 am

I don't disagree. The shop was originally created to sell 2 books nothing else. Since then we have been very productive with scores of products. I would not say however it is too difficult to navigate. Time consuming yes but not necessarily difficult.

The shop is being revamped right now but all of these things take time and money. One of those commodities is particularly in short supply to me. I have to prioritize and havechosen to invest any free time in getting more figures to market and writing.

I think your comments are fair and we are acting on them however, I don't yet think that all wargamers have the butterfly mentality of 16 year olds and since LoA period stuff is pretty thin on the ground out there I am sure a few more clicks won't deter too many people (it doesn't seem to be right now anyway). If people are interested they'll stick with us until we get it right after all some of us spend days wading through arcane books to find a correct regimental title! Casual visitors may well be put off and we'll get to that soon.

thanks for the feedback.. useful
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:40 am

barr7430 wrote:I don't disagree. The shop was originally created to sell 2 books nothing else. Since then we have been very productive with scores of products. I would not say however it is too difficult to navigate. Time consuming yes but not necessarily difficult.

The shop is being revamped right now but all of these things take time and money. One of those commodities is particularly in short supply to me. I have to prioritize and havechosen to invest any free time in getting more figures to market and writing.

I think your comments are fair and we are acting on them however, I don't yet think that all wargamers have the butterfly mentality of 16 year olds and since LoA period stuff is pretty thin on the ground out there I am sure a few more clicks won't deter too many people (it doesn't seem to be right now anyway). If people are interested they'll stick with us until we get it right after all some of us spend days wading through arcane books to find a correct regimental title! Casual visitors may well be put off and we'll get to that soon.

thanks for the feedback.. useful

Hm, poor guy, must be the money that's in constant short supply :wink: :lol: and that says a Saxon.....
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:53 am

:lol:

Actually Gunter.. if you'd met my wife and duaghter you'd know I actually mean BOTH on short supply! :roll:

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:57 am

barr7430 wrote::lol:

Actually Gunter.. if you'd met my wife and duaghter you'd know I actually mean BOTH on short supply! :roll:
IF I would meet your wife I would be honored but if I would meet you daughter..... :wink:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Barry,

I think that the site is ok for...SQUIRREL!!!! :wink:
Greg
Lochaber
Private
Private

Post by Lochaber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Gentlemen, is there any indication of when the shop will be selling League of Augsburg polo shirts? Whilst I may masquerade as a Frenchie, I'd rather display my allegiance to the true cause!
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Gentlemen, is there any indication of when the shop will be selling League of Augsburg polo shirts? Whilst I may masquerade as a Frenchie, I'd rather display my allegiance to the true cause!
The Glory that was France.

Cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Lochaber wrote:Gentlemen, is there any indication of when the shop will be selling League of Augsburg polo shirts? Whilst I may masquerade as a Frenchie, I'd rather display my allegiance to the true cause!
Page 1 in the shop has them, they have been on sale for a while now.
http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/shop/
Cheers
Dave
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 am

barr7430 wrote:I don't yet think that all wargamers have the butterfly mentality of 16 year olds...
I do... Have a butterfly mentality, I mean...
Lochaber
Private
Private

Post by Lochaber » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Lads, forgive me if I'm being a bit thick (or, indeed, myopic) but all I can see are pics which read 'Beneath the Lily Banners'. I was led to believe that there would, at some point, be ones embroidered with "League of Augsburg'.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Your right there are! I forgot to put them up in the shop :oops:

Gold on black.. all sizes. Same price as the BLB shirts. As I have not had time to photograph and insert if you would like one just email wordtwister@hotmail.co.uk, state size, I'll paypal you and post straight away.. sorry for the confusion

B

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 am

I suppose I should get one as well, I'll pick up a medium from you on Monday.
Cheers
Dave
Lochaber
Private
Private

Post by Lochaber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Barry - it has arrived safely, and I'm chuffed. Thankyou.
To all other readers out there - the LoA polo shirt is guaranteed to turn you into a babe magnet!!!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Seriously Ewan, I am sure you already WERE a Babe magnet! :lol:

Henry Ford