Disposing of Lee Maxwells Wargames Collection.

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
GrahamC
Corporal
Corporal

Disposing of Lee Maxwells Wargames Collection.

Post by GrahamC » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:12 pm

I hope people don't mind me using this forum to gauge interest. I have started the difficult task of sorting out Lee's collection and its a far larger collection than I anticipated!

I do intend to place items on the market place however I had thought if I listed a few of his collections here and anyone was interested in more info. then I could focus on sending pictures etc.

Lee was a good painter but bearing in mind that his wife would have disposed of these figures by way of local refuse then I am not looking at silly prices. All money will go to his widow. In general foot figures will be priced at £2.50 to £3 each
I have posted below some links of some pictures of some of his Napoleonic figures so people can judge the standard of painting.

In summary and as a first wave there are
28mm Napoleonic based around 36 figure battalions - French, some Russians and a few Prussians. The majority are Elite miniatures, two full box files and quite a few painted but unbased figures. (lots of unpainted as well)
A very large Marlburian collection, based for Beneath The Lilly Banner,- lots of French all arms, and then as the opponents Lee went for a mix of Prussians, Danes, Palatine etc. The majority of these are the Irregular Miniatures figures but they do look nice.
For those that saw us on the circuit they may recall the 42mm Franco-Prussian, Austro - Prussian games we did. There is again a substantial collection of these painted and based.
Whilst I haven't gone through all the boxes there are also 28mm ECW, Grande Alliance, Indian Mutiny and these are just the painted figures.
I will be more structured re composition when formally listed but if anyone is even just a bit curious then get in touch please.
747jeremy

Re: Disposing of Lee Maxwells Wargames Collection.

Post by 747jeremy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi Graham
This is Jerry Miller from Darlington do you still have the napoleonics as could be interested?

Cheers

Jerry
PaulPatrick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by PaulPatrick » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Hello, I'd be happy to take all the Indian Mutiny figures if they are in 25/28mm. Could you let me know numbers? Thanks. Paul
PaulPatrick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by PaulPatrick » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Sorry,I didn't leave a contact. Here it is:- paul.patrick@hotmail.co.uk Thanks.