Bloggers for Charity using Donnybrook

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
James Brewerton

Bloggers for Charity using Donnybrook

Post by James Brewerton » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 am

Good morning Gents,
I have just joined this very civil corner of the internet and must say what a joy it is. I am the nutter (sorry that should be ideas man) behind the http://bloggersforcharity.blogspot.co.uk/. What started as just an idea for a one off demo game with a twist has (due to the great response) turned in to an annual Charity game. The main difference is that all the figures for the game are painted by an international group of wargaming bloggers.
I picked up the Donnybrook rules last month and instantly fell in love with them, my Dad is already working on a variant for our favourite Colonial periods but I also saw how great it would be for a multi faction participation game and am working up some ideas with some fellow bloggers. I just wanted to, as well as say hello, make sure that if we do go through with our plans for a game based on Donnybrook in 2015 you guys would not have any issues.
I guess I should also introduce myself :lol:
I am James Brewerton I have been gaming since I was a yoof living at RAF Akrotiri I am very lucky that my best mate and gaming opponent is also my Dad Paul. I have always worked as a commission painter to fund my hobby and just love my painting I find it so relaxing. My preferred periods are the 7YW and the colonial eras of NWF, Sudan and Zulu wars in my time I have worked as a GW manager so was once well into Warhammer but moved on to WAB and now when I find time to play it is usually Black Powder.
Anyway I will leave you all in peace for now, I am on my last nightshift of the week and set off for a well earned holiday to Norfolk in the morning with my Wife and 2 Scottie dogs.
quindia
General
General

Re: Bloggers for Charity using Donnybrook

Post by quindia » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Wow... That would be great to have Donnybrook associated with your project... Let me know what I can contribute...

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know how I missed this.