Storage

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Mulciber
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Storage

Post by Mulciber » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 pm

I was wondering about how folk stored their figures?
In the past I've used file boxes and magna base generally but the pike armed bases in BLB are causing me to look around for something else. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Toby
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Storage

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi Toby,

My suggestion is, in case of a lot of bases, to buy 33ltr Really Useful Boxes, At first they look huge but they offer enough space above the pikes, flags and Standarts and for about 50+ 6x6cm bases inside. I use magnatic self adhesive sheets inside the boxes and Flex Steel on the bases so they dont slide around.
As I travel with about 10 or more boxes of this type each year from Austria to England I can confirm that not one Miniature has been damaged.

Here is a picture to show you how this works

Hope that shows you an option.

Cheers,

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:34 pm

As Gunther says, Really Useful Boxes. I use the 9 litre box, self adhesive steel on the box, magnetic on the model bases.

Never had a base move or a figure damaged and I've got a lot of potholes on my roads...
Mulciber
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Mulciber » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Thanks gents, those sound good.

T