Greetings!

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Hoggarth

Greetings!

Post by Hoggarth » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Hello all.

So I was fortunate enough to meet Barry and Clarence this past weekend at Historicon. I have been kicking around the idea of getting into historical gaming for some time now. I dabble in WWII but have wanted to try something further back.

Those big blocks of units staring across a huge table at other big blocks always seemed so daunting, so I never tried it. Now the game of BLB that Barry was running was much smaller and seemed more accessible, though it can get as big as I want it to get I suppose. It is also 28mm which appeals to me more. So I picked up Donnybrook. I know it's skirmish, but I like physical books and I think I can scrounge up a playing partner easier with skirmish. I will be getting the BLB PDF today and start playing with blocks soon enough :D

I just wanted to say hello and let you all know that I'm really looking forward to learning a ton from all of you. This is a whole new world for me and it is very exciting, as well as quite scary :D

Cheers!
“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” - Voltaire
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings!

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Welcome! and... you've met us so you know WE are not scary!

I am certain you'll get plenty of inspiration from the members here so ask away!

Best

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Re: Greetings!

Post by quindia » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forum... Barry CAN be a bit scary if you praise Marlborough though... :D