That "On campaign look"

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Anonymous

That "On campaign look"

Post by Anonymous » Thu May 05, 2005 5:58 pm

Before undercoating your figures it is possible to add small packs of gear to the troops like bags etc. Take small blob of Kneadatite and make an envelope use - sculpting tool to apply either shoulder or waist belt insuring that it conforms in shape to the wearer.Smooth surface as thinly as possible to leave no lines or seams where it is attached to the belt.Let harden then either roll a small peice of Kneadatite so it is string like and apply - as a fastener in knot. Alternativley make very small ball and flatten and make button fastener. It is also possible to add buttons and lace to figures with time and patience.I made a small piece that looks like three chickens hanging from one figures bag so with your own ideas all your figures can have that on campaign look. If you make a lot of bags you can drill through the bag ( once hardened) and figure and put a cut off pin in it acts as a button fastener and also secures the bag more firmly. ( Just don't let the wife catch you in her sewing box or you'll be darning your own socks for ever :lol: ) Regards lindsay
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Your figures

Post by PaulMc » Thu May 05, 2005 8:03 pm

Hi Lyndsay,

Is there any chance of seeing pictures of some of your figures? They do sound pretty good.
Anonymous

Pictures

Post by Anonymous » Thu May 05, 2005 10:47 pm

I will try send some pictures to barry when I send the archive stuff to him. I wil try an send before and after pics. My painting is not up to the high standards seen on some the gaming ppages but it is fit for any wargamig table Regards Lindsay