covering mainly Crimean & American Civil War
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Hell Riders

Post by thinredline » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Dave,

as ever a veritable mine of info :shock:

Just back from the medicine man with chest infection, and a certain shortness of breathe. This weekend will find me warmly wrapped up I am afraid, and staying put this time :cry: :cry:

Regards,

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 pm

thinredline wrote: Of course, I am probably looking in the wrong place - but a Russian Account of Balaclava might make more entertaining reading
Bob, apart from the website I pointed you to in my previous reply you might also find these books interesting.

Hodasevich. Cpt. R, ' A Voice from within the Walls of Sebastopol' pub John Murray, London 1856

Seaton. Albert, 'The Crimean War a Russian Chronicle' pub Batsford Ltd, London 1977

Baddely. J.F., 'The Russian Conquest of the Caucasus' pub London 1908

Curtiss. J.S., 'The Russian Army under Nicholas 1st 1825-1855' pub Durham 1965

Lincoln. W. Bruce, 'Nicholas 1st Emperor and Autocrat of all The Russias' pub Allen Lane, 1978

Cranshaws. Edward, 'The Shadow of the Winter Palace' pub Purnell Book Services, London 1976

Russell. William Howard, 'General Todleben's History of the Defence of Sebastopol 1854-1855' pub George Routledge & Sons, London 1865

Hope these are of interest?
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Bob, sorry to hear your poorly, take care of yourself and keep wrapped up and warm so that will can enjoy your company at the next LOGW weekend.
Cheers
Dave