swedish infantry brigade

For topics related to wargaming in the period 1600-1660
turrabear
Major General
Major General

swedish infantry brigade

Post by turrabear » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:43 am

gents could any of you who wargame the thirty years war help me with the basing of a Swedish infantry brigade. I have found basing system I like for the imperials on the class of empires blog . but I'm not sure how to base my Swedish infantry. tried father tilly and pike and shot by warlords games but still a bit confused by basing my swedes for the period 1630-1633. an help you could give me would be a great help to me.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: swedish infantry brigade

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:42 am

turrabear wrote:gents could any of you who wargame the thirty years war help me with the basing of a Swedish infantry brigade. I have found basing system I like for the imperials on the class of empires blog . but I'm not sure how to base my Swedish infantry. tried father tilly and pike and shot by warlords games but still a bit confused by basing my swedes for the period 1630-1633. an help you could give me would be a great help to me.
You mean something like this adapted for wargaming?

„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 am

yes exactly gunter.but I would be using the simpler version with the brigade split into 3.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 pm

turrabear wrote:yes exactly gunter.but I would be using the simpler version with the brigade split into 3.
Mark,
how many figure are you intend to use or what scale?

A Friend of mine once did his Swedish Brigades with 15mm and used 40+ Figures for it. I am in England now so I cant look at the pics of this units to tell the exact composition. But I do when I get back if you are interested.

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:55 pm

hi gunter. 28 mm scale brigade made up of 3 elements each element 2 shot one pike base 6 figures per base. total 18 bases . 54 figures per brigade will have I office figure ' I drummer,2 standard bearers and 1 sargent per brigade figures based in 2 ranks . my imperialist's are based in 3 ranks . . just not very sure where to put my standard bears office ect . would love to see your friends photos of his Swedish brigade as it would be a great help to me. infact if you have any ideas your self about where to put the officer standard bears ect that would also be a great help.
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:30 am

There is actually a good illustration of the different brigade systems in pike and shotte from warlord games. Also some very nice pictures!
The rules themselves are pretty good.