Command and Colours

For gaming comments, queries, painting and modelling tips relating to the periods generically classed as 'Ancients'
Churchill
General
General

Command and Colours

Post by Churchill » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:14 am

Hi everyone,

I was at a mate's house last night and was introduced to a board game that I had never played before called "Command and Colours".
I don't normally play board games as some of them have complicated rule book's to read first before play can start.I just sat in on the first game and watched and asked questions as to what was happening and picked the rules up pretty quick without having to read the rule book.
You can play the game within a hour and is very tactically based.
It's set in ancient times with battles from egyption times to the roman civil wars.Each historical battle has it's unit's for both sides and these come in the form of blocks of either infantry, cavalry, elephants, chariots or artillery.Infantry and cavalry can be either light, medium or heavy where as elephants and chariots are always heavy.The battlefield is divided into a centre, right flank and left flank and movement is decided by cards which are dealt out at the start of the game.You can only play one card each turn out of your hand and then when your turn is finished you collect a fresh card.Most cards have a order for units to move in a sector, but the cards also have special orders.The object of the game is to destroy the enemy blocks and once destroyed you get to turn over a flag with a set number of flags determine the winner.
If anyones interested here the link to the game.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/14105

Happy Gaming.............Ray.