DAK - Panzerkompanie

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

DAK - Panzerkompanie

Post by Tellus » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:24 pm

I have no idea how it's with the rest of the world,but I have the impression that,in the area where I live,Tank Companies are not the favoured choise.
So to stem against the decline I started about 3 months ago with a Panzerkompanie.Tankred invited me to post articles in his lovley made Blog which is called "Unfinished Armies".

http://www.unfinished-armies.de/blog/

http://www.unfinished-armies.de/blog/bl ... rkompanie/
Last edited by Tellus on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:12 am

Your panzers are impressive Tellus! 8)
I also like your Napoleonics

I found TANKRED's site very interesting too... his 15mm vineyards are little terrain masterpieces and his Fallschirmjager in cover are also extremely well thought out.

I was a little puzzled by the site name; Our English is evil :shock: :shock:

Does he mean BAD? :?: OR does he mean his english troops are evil :evil:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tellus » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Thank you for your kind words Barry.
Well,while Clarence did not published how he did his DAK tanks I had to develop my own technic-and it worked :D

I'm not really sure,but I think Trankred means bad :D
But his stuff is great..maybe a bit..ehm..evil? :wink:
Alpha
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Alpha » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:00 pm

Tellus,
Panzers are great but like Barry I love the 1812 Russians on your site!
David
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Post by big-gazza » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi,
nice DAK vehicles. Really like the pic of the scout cars. Look great with the correct scenery.

Tempted to get a small collection of scenery for pictures rather than the usual white.

Gazza
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tellus » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi David,
glad you like my Russians.Actually 15mm is not my favorite size but,in my eyes,for FOW it's fine.You get all those nice vehicles & guns in a reasonable amount on the gaming table and they're not to small to handle-or to identify.
Having painted only the DAK stuff the last couple of months,I'm thristy for some 28mm minis.Decebalus and I are running a Partizipation Game at the "Tactica" in Hamburg next February,so I have to paint some Napoleonics anyway.

Hi Gazza,
yeah,the scouts are my favourits.Until I made the pics we were playing with the scenery of a gaming friend.I just had the "Battle-Field-In-A-Box"-set.Of course it's silly to have a board but no scenery.So I have started making my own stuff.And when I had finished the first pieces I thought it would be a good idea to take some pictures of the Company.Now I need to buy some Palm trees.I didn't thought that would be so difficult to find them in the net.But I was lucky,Tankred gave me this link: www.productsforwargamers.com/terrain/palmtrees.html