15mm FOW US Artillery battery and other bits

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

15mm FOW US Artillery battery and other bits

Post by big-gazza » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi,
just completed this US artillery battery. These are to go with the mortars and HMGs I posted a couple of weeks back. To try and tie them in with the other unit I used the same kind of gun pit on the artillery as I did on the mortars.

So heres the pics.

Artillery

Trucks

HQ

Staff Team

Observer

In my previous post with the HMGs and mortars I had tried to pu some nets on the jeeps to hide some damage. Don't look great so I've removed the nets and added some foilage to hide the problem.

And finally some bazookas to go with the other platoons.

So thats it for tonight.

Any comments, good or bad, welcome.

Gazza
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:15 am

Regarding the camo nets and foliage, I understand that the mark of a good tradesman is in his ability to cover up mistakes or damage to produce a quality finished article.
Vey nice work indeed, your Yanks would grace and enhance any wargames table. :)
Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tellus » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:58 pm

They're looking great!