Back to Napoleonics

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
quindia
General
General

Back to Napoleonics

Post by quindia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:47 am

It was about the same time last year when I started on a French Napoleonic army. It held my interest through June and I managed to paint three 36-man battalions in that time.

Well, I'm back into Napoleonics again. I finished the second squadron of my KGL Hussars!

In the background you can see two squadrons of of the 5th French Hussars that was a lucky find on e-bay. The painting style of the figures closely matched my own. I am in the process of making them perfectly match with the addition of black lining, repainting the lace and the horses, and rebasing.

There will be lots of pics on my website in another month or so of the French, hopefully four battalions of line, a battalion of light, the hussars, and some Polish lancers (already have the figs for them).
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Post by big-gazza » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi,
very nice. i do like the colours of the naps figures compared to the greys and greens of the WWII stuff.

What scale and who made them.

Gazza
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Get painting some of those we know you've got then Gary :evil:

I hope it is not taking you back to the Blood Reds and Ultramarine Blues of your dark days in FANTASY GAMING :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Post by big-gazza » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi,
at the moment I working on some very colourful ECW Pikemen in 15mm. Some nice dark reds.

I'll post pics when they are done.

Gazza
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:35 pm

big-gazza wrote:Hi,
very nice. i do like the colours of the naps figures compared to the greys and greens of the WWII stuff.

What scale and who made them.

Gazza
28mm Front Rank.
Me paints good
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Me paints good » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:08 am

Good job, funny cuz I'm painting up the same unit to sell on ebay to fund my BLB army...except my guys have brown busbys. What color yellow did you use for the braids? I used foundry on mine, but I'm not sure I like the tint.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:30 pm

I used Foundry Yellow Ochre. I tend to use muted colors for most of my models. For instance, the red coats on my British Infantry is Foundry Terracotta rather than one of the brighter reds.

The 1st KGL Hussars (later named Light Dragoons I believe) had black busbys. I think the 2nd KGL Hussars had brown busbys, though they would have white facings rather than red. Officers of the 2nd would also have white trim on their pelisse and white lace.

Drop a note when the unit goes up on e-bay... maybe I'll bid on them!