28mm Napoleonic French

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
quindia
General
General

28mm Napoleonic French

Post by quindia » Fri May 09, 2008 4:51 pm

April 27th...

May 2nd...

May 9th...

I am now up to four battalions of 36 line infantry (though I plan to paint some extra standard bearers so I can field units of 30, 24, and 18 as desired) and two squadrons of the 5th Hussars. Up next is a small detachment of Light Infantry (12 models), the Legion du Midi (20 models), and the Legion Hanover (20 models). I also have two squadrons of Polish Lancers and a battery of 3 guns waiting on deck.

Eventually I will get around to adding proper pics of my French army on my website.
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri May 09, 2008 9:02 pm

Painting - ACE :!:
Presentation on a time frame - splendid. 8)
Can we have some more please :D
Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Fri May 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Your wish, etc...

Defunct WIP page from my website from last year when I started the project...

http://www.quindia.com/wip.htm

I will probably revise the page and make it into an online article...
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri May 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Clarence, absolutely tops :shock:
My son is helping put my lower jaw back into postion.
He likes the time frame layout as well, he does that himself with Lego Bionicles :wink:
"Prolific" is'nt one of my favourite words, but it sums up your display when used in conjunction with "quality"
Thanks for the extras :D
Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Sat May 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Speedy or what? You put me to shame...

Wonderful

Best
Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.