Wild Geese, Irish in French service

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Darkman
Major
Major

Wild Geese, Irish in French service

Post by Darkman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Had a week on holiday with the family and managed to get this unit painted in the process. I decided I wanted this Irish battalion to have a more veteran look to it than the others I have done so went for a random mix of the figures from the Front Rank range.
It is Lee’s battalion that became Buckley’s. Hopefully I have the correct standards as it is the only Lee that is on the Warflag pages.

I think I will do another one to go with this giving myself a nice Wild Geese Brigade.

Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:20 pm

I've missed these somehow. They look good and I like how you base your units more and more every time I see it!
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Darkman,

This is the sort of painting I aspire to.

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.