ECW Regiment of Foot

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Curt

ECW Regiment of Foot

Post by Curt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:53 am

I've been settling into my hobby space in our new/old house and have been slowly unpacking stuff that has been squirreled away in boxes for years. Anyway, here's an old chestnut from the lead archive. A regiment of ECW foot composed Redoubt castings which I painted, cripes, oh, about ten or so years ago.

If I recall correctly I think this is supposed to be Allen Apsley's Regiment of Foote (composed of Royalists from Devon, Dorset, Somerset and Cornwall). These castings are listed as 28mm but are really closer to 33-35mm. They're kinda anachronistic and quirky, but I quite like them. I've always enjoyed the look of the 'hedge' of pikes, intermixed with loads of company banners, along with the flanking sleeves of shot (now that I look at the pic I see a few wandering Scots in there as well). I lucked-out in getting a boatload Redoubt stuff in an ebay auction and it has remained on the sidelines as one of those upcoming 'retirement projects'. Nonetheless, now that I've given 'Victory Without Quarter' a read I'm feeling inspired to get some more units done in order to have a good sized game.