The raising of the Saxon Army 1810-1813

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The raising of the Saxon Army 1810-1813

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 am

barr7430 wrote:Gunter my dear friend! I am sorry that I missed this most excellent post of those mightily handsome regiments from a REAL German State! The force looks fantastic. Basing, flags and composition really set off the regiments. You MUST arrange to invade England with them! :wink:
I intend to invade your country with them :D :wink:
barr7430 wrote: My only excuse for not joining in the thread has been 18 hour days, demanding clients and air travel! Today after coming off the plane from Doha my earnest desire was to lie down and watch an old movie and fall asleep. Alas, a dream as remote as Alan Cuggy throwing a 6 on a DAverage :( My exciting life is spent on the phone, filling in bid documents and sorting out the private lives of my flock :roll:
I m happy you could manage it anyway :)
barr7430 wrote: Keep painting Gunter! soon the invasion army can cross the Canal and marsch to Derby!!!!!
Yeah the boy's are growing in numbers like mushrooms :mrgreen:
3 more Battalions follow next week and 2 Chevaux Leger Regiment at the end of June

Thank You all for your comments

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Friedrich August I. wrote:.....3 more Battalions follow next week and 2 Chevaux Leger Regiment at the end of June....
Gents,

that may take a little bit longer as anticipated :roll: :?

Me silly old fool has fallen in love again :shock: :D ...

In case of the Saxon Infantry and the Division Commander I have glue'd them allready on their bases and started with the groundwork. But as it has it's one day drying time I m not to loose anything :mrgreen: :wink:

Stay tuned :D

Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:50 am

Dear Friends,

Here are the news from the Saxon sculpting front:

3 Figures of Hussars are to be ready the following week; they will be supplemented by dismounted, skirmishing Hussars. These will be conversions of the allready existing French Skirmishing Hussars.
Also to be done are the Leib Grenadier Garde with at least 5 figures.
The Saxon Leib Grenadier Garde will be conversions of the allready existing French Old Guard Grenadiers of Steve Barber's Range.

This will be a great week of sculpts for the growing Saxon 1810-1813 Range.

Stay tuned :wink:

Best Wishes,
Günter

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:03 am

Dear Friends,

It seems that my painter worked feverishly on my Saxon Cavalry because he informed me that TWO Regiments :shock: are ready to be sent to me this week :!:
That will be the first Brigade of Light Cavalry until the end of June!Wow!

At the same time yesterday my sculptor told me that at least 10 figures will be done this week. If nothing keeps him otherwise busy I look at a lot of new figures in June to be ready for Sale:
The Leib-Grenadier-Guard and dismounted, skirmishing Hussars. The last ones came from the thought that if the full 50 figure Hussar Regiment is on the Field it would look great to have skirmishing Hussars in front of them as pickett line or in small Vignettes :D .

Pictures are to follow soon.

Thanks for watching :D

Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 am

From the Diary:
"June 16th 1812:
We marched out from Warsaw to cover the right Flank of the Army to conect with the Austrians who were on their march from Lemberg to the northeast. We took up a position near Modlin where the Brigade Klengel was stationed to wait for the arrivel of the Austrians."

To be continued..

Günter

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:07 am

From the Diary:
"June 22nd 1812, France has declared War on Russia - now we are at war!
We start to crossover into Russian Territory"

To be continued

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:21 am

From the Diary...
" On the June 24th 1812 the Emperor crossed the Njemen at Kowno. The Poles and Westphaliens joined forces on the 25th at Augustowo and moved from there on to Grodno."

To be continued...

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Dear Friends,

today I got a message from my sculptor that the following figures are ready for moulding:

Saxon Grenadier Guardsman
Saxon Grenadier Guards officer
Saxon Grenadier Guard standard bearer
Saxon Grenadier Guard drummer
Saxon Grenadier Guard sapper
Dismounted Hussar standing firing
Dismounted Hussar kneeling firing
Mounted Hussar trooper

They will be moulded next week and ready for sale soon after.

Cheers,
Günter

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 am

Dear Friends,

Clarification:
If I use in the Diary messurements like 'miles' please let it be noted that these are
German Postmiles of 7500m lenght.

Thanks

Günter

Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 am

Thanks for the clarity! Now I won't get it confused with the English 'league' (4.8km) distance. :lol:
Bryce
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:28 am

From the Diary:
" On June 27th 1812 LtCol v. Zeschau of the Generalstaff has went on a Recon Mission with 3 Squadrons of Hussars against Guracz on the Narwa and the Russian Corps of Gen. Essen. His mission was with luck sucessfull and so he brought back very usefull informations."

To be continued...

Günter

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Dear Friends,

just in time to take the field of war against Russia the 1st Saxon Infantry Division is ready to march off.
The Division consists of:
Front row Regiment König, Grenadier Battalion v. Brause, Regiment v. Niesemeuschel, Brigade General Dyherrn
Back row Regiment Prinz Anton, Grenadier Battalion Anger, Regiment v. Low, Brigade General v. Nostiz
Division General v. Zeschau

Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:14 am

From the Diary...
"After some days Rest at Zambrov the full Saxon Corps with the now arrived Brigade Klengel, which was a days march behind, crossed at Guracz the Narew. Until Juli 15th 1812 the Corps marched the long way under the worst heat 60 miles (450km) from Bialystok, Slonym to Kleck. As Gen. Reynier designated Bialystok as a Depot for the Corps with a large field hospital the Grenadier Battalion v. Brause stayed behind as garrison until the midst of December 1812."

To be continued...

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Your division is certainly coming on Gunter and looking very nice.
I'm also enjoying your campaign diary.
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm

obriendavid wrote:Your division is certainly coming on Gunter and looking very nice.
I'm also enjoying your campaign diary.
Cheers
Dave
:D Thank You Dave, most kind.
It's only the first of two divisions, so there is more in the channel...or better still across the Channel :wink:
The mouldmaking for the Artillery is not complete so until then I have to wait a bit longer :roll:

Günter