WIP Early Napoleonic French General Officers 28mm

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Clibinarium
Major
Major

WIP Early Napoleonic French General Officers 28mm

Post by Clibinarium » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm

I've been working on a few French Revolutionary generals. They began quite some time ago as practice sculpts but were abandoned, recently ressurected. I am doing a set of five.

These guys are still WIP, there's bits to add and fine tune, but they are mostly there now.

First two are General Adam Philippe de Custine (General Moustache) and Desaix. The other three will go up as they are closer to being finished. Hope you like them

Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Superb! I think they capture the swagger and panache of the Revolutionary period generals very well indeed! :D 8)
Bryce
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Extremely nice figures! I wish I had the talent to be able to produce my own figures like this.
Cheers
Dave
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Very very nice!
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Post by Clibinarium » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:30 am

Cheers! Young Bonaparte himself is almost done, here's some shots. Kleber and Kellerman will follow tomorrow.

sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:12 pm

I really like these. You have the captured faces (and moustaches) and poses really well. They look natural and have that confident arrogance that so epitomises the paintings you see of the period. Well done.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Post by Clibinarium » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:35 am

Thanks Peter! Last two figures, Kellerman and Kleber. They have lagged behind the other three somewhat, and need a bit more work, especially Kellerman. I've been sent some additional information on the coats so all five will see some additional detail now.

Its looking very likely that they'll be going up on ebay on Thursday night for auction, so quite possibly they'll end up being cast and sold.

kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:53 am

Clibinarium wrote: Its looking very likely that they'll be going up on ebay on Thursday night for auction, so quite possibly they'll end up being cast and sold.
[/img]
These are really nice figures ... even if they don't wok too well for my favoured year of 1813! :cry:

I hope that they will be cast and available to the general public. The world would be a better place if it were so. :D

Salute
von Peter himself
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm

I want them and I want them now!
Really fantastic sculpting. Please some manufacturer buy these up and get them on general sale.
Well done mate.
Dave.
'I always wear me wellies'.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Sheepman wrote:I want them and I want them now!
Really fantastic sculpting. Please some manufacturer buy these up and get them on general sale.
Well done mate.
Dave.
Couldn't agree more!
I eventually plan on doing the early Italian campaign in the future but these are such lovely figures I think I would just get them now just to enjoy painting them up. Do you plan on doing any Austrian commanders?
Keep up the fantastic work.
Dave
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Post by Clibinarium » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks everyone. Well they are up on ebay now, not the ideal way to dispose of them, but I have to.

Item 140491338167
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0491338167

Please note its only a three day auction; they'll only be there until Sunday night (22.40 UK time). I'm not a napoleonic gamer so my knowledge is limited, but if you want help the chances of them going on general release and there's manufacturer you think would do a good job on them, perhaps nudge them in this direction. I hope that's not too cheeky a suggestion.

Austrians; I'd be happy to do them if these guys achieve their value, but if they go for a low price it wouldn't bode well. We'll see. Occasionally the buyer of such items asks for similiar complementary items, so you never know.

18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:07 pm

One thing that would be nice is to have that 'Buy it Now' option and you set a price closer to what you would like to get.
gensdarmes
Private
Private

Post by gensdarmes » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 am

Absolutely exquisite. Bon chance!