WSS 28mm British project

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
kippax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

WSS 28mm British project

Post by kippax » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:08 am

Hello All
Have been tinkering that includes collecting for some years front ranks
WSS British Infantry mainly for being a shelf queen mainly,however i've decided to expand the idea to build or start at least a brigade or two.
And maybe start to learn how to wargame .
So far i've got three 18 man units of the line set up in "battle firing" which i hope to base on 60x60 bases.
And another 18 man unit "marching to battle"also to be based the same.
Also i have two mounted brigade commanders and a divisional commander he may come in useful one day i hope.. :)
I intend to build on this to include another four 18 man units two of them being fusiliers regiments and some foot guards to make up the second brigade in strength before working out what brigades what still undecided on that.
this project is very similiar to Rays (Churchills) Blenheim OOB which has been a joy to look at and read about ."thanks for that Ray"but with a twist of artistic licence over been historically correct :) theres a few regiments that i must include in my british infantry orbat for personal reasons
All figures are unpainted that the moment but the daylight switch is being turn back on over the UK so hopefully.... :)
"Stupid Boy"