Marlborough's British Infantry

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
kippax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Marlborough's British Infantry

Post by kippax » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Hello All
Been trying to upload some pictures of my wss project proper failed :oops: so please have a browse on my blog i've managed to upload the pictures on there with out any problems :)
cheers
http://battlehonours.blogspot.com/
"Stupid Boy"
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Marlborough's British Infantry

Post by Greystreak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Good heavens, Andrew! :shock:

Someone's taken the paint off almost all the figures! :lol:
Bryce
jezamonos
Captain
Captain

Post by jezamonos » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:37 pm

A lot of lead there Andrew. But I do the same. I like to buy up the basis of the Army when I have the funds and then get painting when I can. Means I have them in the stash ready when the mood takes me.

Question - Have you glued them down onto the bases already ? I find that they are a struggle to paint if I do so use coke bottle lids to paint them on then glue to the base when done. I then touch up shoes after I have painted the base.

I like the markers, I intend to do something similar with variations to represent different morale status/disordered etc.
Owner - Default Models
http://defaultmodels.blogspot.com/
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:42 am

Re casualty markersI went down the round base route and cut a small peice out to make a window,I then drilled the centre and pinned a piece of white card to the base using a shaft from a plastic spear and melting it. This allows the card to turn,i then numbered the card as it appeared in the window up to nine - so I get one marker for each regiment either with one figure or a group on a base and it keeps the table looking tidier and cuts out paperwork.

iain
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:28 am

good stuff, was in Altrincham not to long back, use to live on Byrom st Hale at one time, still to this day keep in touch with my wargaming mates from around that area, some are coming to our club next month for a big battle.