Perponcher's 2nd Netherlands Division

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Karim
Corporal
Corporal

Perponcher's 2nd Netherlands Division

Post by Karim » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:39 am

Working on the 2nd Netherlands Division of 1815 in 10mm for RTE. At the moment I have completed the 3 battalions of the 2nd Nassau, 2 battalions of the 28th Orange Nassau and the 7th Belgian line.

Still have the Jaegers, some Skirmishers, 3 battalions of DB Militia, DB Foot Artillery and Van Merlen's Light Cavalry.

It's a bigger project than the Brunswick Corps. I have also the 1st Nassau to do at another time.

Saxe-Weimar's Brigade

28th Orange Nassau with the 2nd Nassau behind

7th Belgian Line

Figures are all Redline from Bend Sinister.

For more information see http://10mmnapoleonics.blogspot.com/201 ... igade.html

I'm converting the leaders from some Old Glory Prussian Generals and some greenstuff. I'm not sure what to paint Perponcher's tunic? Blue, Green, Dark Blue. I have a picture of Saxe-Weimar in Dark Blue, but have also seen miniatures painted in Green. Any advice or references?
Karim
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Perponcher's 2nd Netherlands Division

Post by Karim » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 am

Just finished the leaders of the Division, Perponcher, Saxe-Weimer and Bylandt. It took a while to find out the uniforms, but in the end I went for the blue with red trimmings and the orange sash.

Oh and I did Picton, Pack and Kempt as well to fill out some gaps. Figures are Old Glory British and Prussian Leaders.

The Dutch/Belgians and Nassau Leaders on the left, British on the right

Dutch Belgian Militia next ...