ECW Big guns

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
olddorg
Private First Class
Private First Class

ECW Big guns

Post by olddorg » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 am

A few pics of some ECW Big guns.
More on blog at http://themetalmountain.blogspot.com

Figs are all Bicorne Miniatures. Lovely to paint.

Thanks for looking.

Olddorg
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: ECW Big guns

Post by j1mwallace » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Very nice.i like your style of work. Good blog as well. I'd like to try your oil wash method. It gives nice results.
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Excellent work!

What colors are you using for your buff coats and hats? I'm not satisfied with how mine have turned out at all.
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Those artillery crews look gorgeous, well done!
Cheers
Dave
olddorg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by olddorg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:20 am

I use Foundry Buff Leather (7) A,B,C. This goes onto my brown undercoat (see method explained on blog for undercoating) and the brown acts as a perfect shade.
On some buff coats/hats I give a final touch of Vallejo Light Sand to the edges to give a bit of variety.

It is because the brown gives a perfect shade for lots of colours and the right finished effect (for the look I'm after) that I undercoat the way I do. Just my personal preference for this period.

Hope this helps.

Olddorg
http://themetalmountain.blogspot.com
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 am

Helpful but also kinda frustrating, since Foundry paints are expensive and only available to me by mail :-(
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.