Reille's II Corps 1815 in 10mm

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Karim
Corporal
Corporal

Reille's II Corps 1815 in 10mm

Post by Karim » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 am

I've been working on this OOB for over a year now. Thanks to some commissioned painting by David Young (highly recommended), I got enough to finish Jerome's Division and completed the Corps. Over 1000 10mm infantry, 96 cavalry, 20 guns and other wagons in total in the Corps.

This breaks the back of the Quatre Bras French Army under Ney, just a few units left and it is done. The Allied side is waiting on SI at Bendsinister to make some Hanoverians to finish off the list. I am aiming for a Republic to Empire version of Quatre Bras this June all going well.

More pictures at http://10mmnapoleonics.blogspot.com.au/ ... -corp.html

Now on to Lobau's VI Corps ...
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Reille's II Corps 1815 in 10mm

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Karim,

Looks massive but a bit to small in terms of figure size for my liking :wink:

Out of curiosty:
Why the "last Blast" of the French again? Did you find the other 15 Years uninteresting?
Only to fight Brits?
You could have done it in Sicily, in Spain or in Portugal.
To fight the Brunswickers?
Germany 1809, partly Spain.
To fight Prussians?
Well 1806-1807, and 1813-1814

Best wishes

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Karim
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Karim » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Gunter,

I like the "last blast", and the 200th gave me a goal to work towards. I'm interested in the options of the campaign, so many mistakes in so short a time. Lots of "what ifs" and alternate realities.

The French army can be used as a base for other post 1812 battles, as can the Prussians. The Allied army is a bit limited, a few of the British units and the Dutch Belgians were only really in that campaign. The rest are universal for post 1812. I can reuse the Brunswickers for 1809.

I can always get a Corps of Austrians or Russians to join up with the Prussians for 1813/14.

Lastly the ranges in 10mm are a bit limited, 1815 is the most complete. I like the scale for large battles that fit on smaller boards, also quick to paint.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:31 am

Karim wrote:Gunter,

I like the "last blast", and the 200th gave me a goal to work towards. I'm interested in the options of the campaign, so many mistakes in so short a time. Lots of "what ifs" and alternate realities.
Karim,

Your points are well seen, thanks for the answer.

Most of us work hard to get units ready for an anniversary :D
In my turn it is August 1812 besides of beeing my month of birth 152 years later :wink:.

Good luck with your goal

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.