Ploughshares to Swords - New historical wargaming blog

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Redmenace

Ploughshares to Swords - New historical wargaming blog

Post by Redmenace » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Hello!

I just want to inform you that I and my second cousin have started a historical wargaming blog that initially will focus on the Napoleonic wars. It will include us learning the Republic to Empire wargaming system and the building of a french and prussian division for the German war of liberation 1813-1814.

As we are learning and painting we are going to participate in discussions on this forum and we hope that you will find our efforts interesting.

Please visit us at: ploughsharestoswords.blogspot.se

Regards,

Redmenace (Anders the elder)
Redmenace

Re: Ploughshares to Swords - New historical wargaming blog

Post by Redmenace » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Here are some pictures of my french battalions

Image Image Image
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 am

Very nice stuff Anders! i wish you every success with the blog

Barry
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Redmenace

Post by Redmenace » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Thank you Barry,

With some luck we are going to start test playing R2E seriously this weekend.

Anders
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 am

Hi Anders,

lovely stuff! Just added you to the blogroll on my blog. Hope this creates some visitors for you!

Cheers,

Burkhard
Redmenace

Post by Redmenace » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 am

Hello, thank you Burkhard hope you like this enjoy this update.

Me and my second cousin have been quite busy with work and school the last weeks but we still got a lot of things done.

First we have a full battalion of Prussian landwehr haling from Sielisa. Using the Perry french in greatcoat and converting the shakos to caps, and using a mix of backpacks from perry and victrix. http://ploughsharestoswords.blogspot.se ... ready.html

Second come one of my line infantry battalions carrying an eagle. I decided to do the coats dark grey with some red details to keep them uniform and stand out from the mixed coats of my cousins landwehr. http://ploughsharestoswords.blogspot.se ... -with.html

Third we have more French, cavalry to be specific. I really enjoyed painting the cuirassiers, to make them more threatening i do the blue darker on them than on the line infantry. http://ploughsharestoswords.blogspot.se ... valry.html

Fourth we have something really interesting. The Prussian hussars are an easy conversion from the perry french hussars using Prussian infantry heads and greenstuff to make the horse furniture more square. After that comes some West Prussian grenadiers that are all done except for the bases so keep and eye out for and update when they are finished.

Then we have even more French line, I currently have 2 battalions in the wip stage both with finished command bases. I wanted some extra variation for the eagle battalion so using the french hussar heads I could put cords and plumes on the flank companies, not all historical correct but I wanted some added flavor. http://ploughsharestoswords.blogspot.se ... gress.html

Hope you enjoyed it and we look forward to you feedback.

Cheers,

Anders the elder