Huguenots in Ireland 1690

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
toggy
Major General
Major General

Re: Huguenots in Ireland 1690

Post by toggy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Very nice Colin, you'll have to request some more officer casualties & the possibility of a burial party from the " Big Cheese" at warfare minis h.q.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 am

Hi Colin,

it is funny to see that you still have this morbid habit to paint your dead first :D
How about painting the Officers alive first and than there corpses? :wink:
Anyway nicely done.

Cheers,
Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:35 pm

toggy wrote:Very nice Colin, you'll have to request some more officer casualties & the possibility of a burial party from the " Big Cheese" at warfare minis h.q.
Bob
Burial party is a great idea... I think Perry do some nice grave stones too :D
Friedrich August I. wrote: it is funny to see that you still have this morbid habit to paint your dead first :D
How about painting the Officers alive first and than there corpses? :wink:
I don't want to get the poor lads hopes up that they'll have a chance of survival once they have inherited the cursed red sash!

I'm also engaged in work avoidance by painting individuals instead of finishing off units. :shock:
"Colin Kills Kings, Colonels and Commoners... an equal opportunities employer"

http://khakidrab.blogspot.co.uk/
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 pm

ColinN wrote:....
I don't want to get the poor lads hopes up that they'll have a chance of survival once they have inherited the cursed red sash!

I'm also engaged in work avoidance by painting individuals instead of finishing off units. :shock:

:lol:

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:58 am

Finally a finished unit! Cambons regiment angling for a fight (they may have a bit of a wait!).

Next up de Meloniere... eventually :D

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:16 am

The unit looks great Colin!
The style of the 'gardener' seems to have had some influence on your bases :wink: :D

Cookie68
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Cookie68 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi Colin nice work still won't stop me blowing them up with artillery .
Only wish I could paint that well.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Colin

Nice...please bring them along to the Derby Weekender in October...I'm sure you'll be able to give them a baptism of fire!

Best see if you can paint up some extra (about 10) command figures as we all know how you like to go through commanders!!!!!

Regards

Adrian
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Colin, if you get any more finished we'll have to reflag Toggy's brigade!!!! They might even change sides!!!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:42 am

Gents, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement - I'm trying to quicken my pace - Derby here we come! (note the lack of date on that statement).
barr7430 wrote:Colin, if you get any more finished we'll have to reflag Toggy's brigade!!!! They might even change sides!!!
You mean I can't have six Huguenot regiments in Ireland? All guard elite naturally :D
Friedrich August I. wrote:The style of the 'gardener' seems to have had some influence on your bases
Alas I am not worthy of even holding Capability Bob's pallete knife (but I'll keep trying to copy him 8) )

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 am

Is the world ready for 6 Huguenot battalions commanded by Le Killer Colin Napier? :shock: :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:52 am

barr7430 wrote:Is the world ready for 6 Huguenot battalions commanded by Le Killer Colin Napier? :shock: :shock:
Only if they are made of all the officers and from Ensign to Fieldmarshal the Huguenots can muster :lol: :wink:

ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:30 pm

I read somewhere that God is not on the side of the big battalions but that of the commanded shot.

So I thought I'd better have some of those.

This chap is to be in charge (temporarily at least).

In my head he represents Captain of Grenadiers de St Sauver from La Meloniere’s battalion (the commanded shot are going to be combined grenadiers). He was sent with some 200 Huguenots as part of reinforcements to Sligo in October 1689.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:39 am

Very well painted!
I hope the boy has many happy returns and does not share the fate of so many before him :wink: :D

Cheers,
Günter