Hi all - new member!

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hi all - new member!

Post by Bitbag » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 am

Hi Folks

Just wanted to say hello - long time lurker, but only recently joined.
Very inspired by Barry and Clarence's work and rules - in fact I have started to build up some forces for Victory without Quarter which I'll get round to playing with eventually!

The big incentive to come on here, was to gain ideas and tips, as well as to share my work on my 'imagi-nation' state of Mauritzania - a central European state on the brink of war in the early years of the 18th century. As I'm not sure how to post pictures on here I hope a link is ok:

http://haveacare.blogspot.co.uk/

Scroll back to the beginning and hopefully you'll see the story of how the Succession Crisis of Mauritzania develops! :D If anyone can let me know how to post pictures on here, in words of one syllable, I'll be very grateful as well! Hope you enjoy looking, and hope that this is the start of many a post!

Best wishes
Andy
Tercha

Re: Hi all - new member!

Post by Tercha » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:34 am

Hi ...pretty new myself ....but good to see more 28mm napoleonics :D
from clicking "reply" follow the 3 steps below
Attachments
1.tiff
Simple picture addition from your computer
1.tiff (89.07 KiB) Viewed 5021 times
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 am

Very welcome on the boards.. dob;t be shy. You have some lovely painting ad nice photography on your blog... deserves to be shared around. If you've always been challenged by the requirement to paint loads of minis in the one period, think about skirmishing. That was the main reason Clarecne andI developed the 17th-18th cnetury skirmish rules to create a low commitment entry into the period from which large armies might grow... might fit well with your imagi-nation story line!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 am

Welcome to the forum Andy you will find lots of friendly people here happy to pass on information and advice and they will also enjoy following your blog.
Cheers
Dave
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bitbag » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Cheers all!

Thanks Tercha - for the welcome and for the tip re: pics. I will have a look at that - although my wife is more of a techie than I am! Think it might be as my photos are not on a public server - we'll have a look.

Barry and Dave - many thanks for the welcome as well, and very kind compliments! Receiving praise like that from such masters, is quite special. The photos were taken on an old scenery board, with a point and click digital camera my wife bought me for Christmas a few years ago - although she did buy it so I could 'take pictures of my little men', as she put it! :D As for my painting, it's just how I do it, simple as that, after 20 or so years of experimenting.

28 mm Naps are on hold at the moment - I'm working my way through my Mauritzanian stuff now - no more Butterflying! :oops: After that it will be ECW for VwQ. I do like the idea of skirmish wargaming though Barry, so if you're at Partizan in June, I may come and have a chat sometime!

Comte de Tescaux' Second Ensign on the painting blocks tonight, followed by their drummer and some more rank and file - more progress on the blog soon! 8)

Cheers
Andy