The Duke of Plaza-Toro tries to get his mojo going again

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

The Duke of Plaza-Toro tries to get his mojo going again

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 am

Gentlemen

Just wanted to let interested parties know that my World Crisis in Miniature Blog is active again.

My apologies for the long silence (like it has only been 8 months... :-( ). The last year has been blighted by employment difficulties for both myself and my better half - and all the associated pressures that come with such things. Painting and gaming have not been high on the list of priorities. But things are getting better now and the Duke of Plaza-Toro is back in the saddle!

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/

The latest post is a bit lightweight - just some random thoughts on a test paint run I've done on four of Eureka's 1792-1798 Austrian Dragoons, plus a few other quick bits and bobs, but I'm easing myself back into the blogsphere a step at a time here. Hopefully it's not too dull a read, or at the least you have a quick gander at the pictures.

DPT

(John)
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The Duke of Plaza-Toro tries to get his mojo going again

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:18 am

Hi John,

Welcome back!
Good to know that you are well and it was no health issue that kept you away for so long.

Those Austrians are looking very good! Great painting style. Well done!

Cheers,
Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Welcome back! For not picking up a brush in a long time I see that you've not lost your touch at all for beautiful work.
Greg
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 am

Good stuff & glad you are back

:evil: Ginger