Viking Longship - by Adrian's Walls

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Viking Longship - by Adrian's Walls

Post by Blucher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Gents

The latest offering from us is our 28mm Viking Longship. It comes completly fully painted (as seen) with no need to source doweling or fabic/linen - as you get a resin mast, resin cast sail spar and sail (that actually has a 'cloth texture'!), oars, rudder and 3 different interchangable bow sculptures... with each boat! There will be various sail colour combinations or we can also 'bespoke' the sail colours to a customers own specifications (for a small extra charge).

If you want more info on the boat you can get 'up close and personal' and see a Hi Res photo video clip of it raiding in our websites showcase section.

Comments and feedback always welcome.

http://www.adrianswalls.com

Cheers

Adrian
Attachments
Longboat.jpg
Longboat.jpg (197.87 KiB) Viewed 6272 times
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Viking Longship - by Adrian's Walls

Post by Blucher » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Gents

Just added this 'variant' Longship to our range...

Thanks to Clarence for his 'bespoke request' for wooden bow sculptures we have now added these as a varient to the painted ones. We have also experimented in 'broader stripes' on the sails and we've now included the 4 feet of 'mast roping' with the model - so you can 'rig it up' without having to raid the wife's sewing basket to find some appropriate cord...!

Hope you like it.

Adrian

Attachments
boat.jpg
boat.jpg (172.22 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
boat5.JPG
boat5.JPG (182.91 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 pm

My ships just arrived... FANTASTIC!

Pics with my Vikings as soon as I get the chance to set up the table...
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Clarence

Glad you like them...looking forward to seeing them 'raiding' with your Vikings!

Please post some pictures when you are able.

Our Saxon Church is out in January - really nice bit of kit - if I say so myself! I can just see your boats cruising up to the shore (our coastal/shoreline Terrain Tiles out around February, by the way) and spying the church in the distance....

Cheers

Adrian
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Lovely work, Adrian. Any plans for other medieval vessels?
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Janner

Thanks for the kind comments - much appreciated.

We have no immediate plans for any other vessels, as we have the new Saxon Church out in a weeks time and the Dark Age Chiefs Hall out end of January. This will conclude the first releases of our Dark Age Range - but other new items for this range due out 3rd quarter 2014.

For your interest though...our 'Saxon Shore' coastal Terrain Tiles are currently being 'tweaked' in their design and these will allow somewhere for the Longships to make land...look out for these on our website

Our 1600-1700 range is currently being sculpted (first releases end Feb 2014) and our 15mm WW2 first 6 buildings are out in a few weeks time (currently these are in the 'painting studio' - and looking good!!!)

Cheers

Adrian