BATTLE OF THE BOYNE - 'River Tiles'

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

BATTLE OF THE BOYNE - 'River Tiles'

Post by Blucher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:17 pm

Gents

Just a single picture of 4ft x 4ft (part) of 'The Boyne'. It is part of a bespoke order we've just finished for a customer in NI. The whole layout is 8ft x 6ft (in 2ft square tiles). The client's remit was for the area from Drybridge to just beyond the Oldbridge 'ford' (and its smaller 'island'). On the Williamite side of the river we made 'higher ground' (the rear 2 'hill tiles') and on the other, Jacobite side of the river, we incorporated amoungst other things, various 'roads/cart tracks' for the footprint of Oldbridge Village.

The section of the river in the picture shows Grove Island (left) and Yellow Island.

Our main mantra with all of our tiles is to deliver accuracy with the ultimate balance of playability. As can be seen with the Warfare Miniatures in the photos - you can actually get 2/3 units on the islands - and I base my units on quite large bases 'Barry style'.

Before any of you eagle-eyed amoungst you 'write in' about the units in the photo...I'll head you off at the pass! Yes - these are Jacobite units posing as Williamites! I only have Jacobite forces so they just had to do.

The whole thing is being delivered next week and hopefully the customer will be happy enough with it to wait until mid/end March when our 28mm 1600-1700 Range of pre-painted buildings will be launched...there are some ideal buildings in it for representing Oldbridge village!

We are considering doing a 15mm version of this on a 6ft x 5ft. These would be 2ft tiles with a row of 1 ft tiles representing The Boyne, running through the middle. If anyone is interested, please just drop us a line.

info@adrianswalls.co.uk
shop@adrianswalls.co.uk
http://www.adrianswalls.com

Cheers

Adrian
Attachments
boyne2.JPG
boyne2.JPG (187.13 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
Artimas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: BATTLE OF THE BOYNE - 'River Tiles'

Post by Artimas » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 pm

It's a big winner! I can't wait to see the buildings.

Artimas
Jefferson City, Missouri USA
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:22 am

The water certainly looks chilly. Nicely done :D
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks guys.

Your comments are always welcome - especially when they are nice comments!

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian's Walls
...terrain worth fighting over...