WWII German forward observers

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

WWII German forward observers

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:50 am

Just posted a few pictures of my German forward observer teams on my blog:

http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/20 ... observers/

One Wehrmacht (Heer) and one SS team, both using Warlord Games figures).

Enjoy,

Burkhard

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: WWII German forward observers

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi Burkhard,

Nice painting style. Do you know what unit the double-eagle on the Pz VI in the backgroung represents?

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Thank you Gunther,

The tank is from 3rd Panzer Regiment, 2nd Panzer Division in Russia 1943. I build a couple of years ago, but as far as I can remember, it was a personal family crest. I cannot remember the commanders name and I do not have the instructions anymore, so I cannot tell you which family. I just liked the looks! ;-)
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Thank You Burkhard!

I think the man you mean is Ritter von Thoma who was appointed as his Commander in Vienna... maybe thats the reason for an Austrian Double Eagle
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Would make sense... After all he was commander of the Regiment till he went into captivity in North Africa.