How to create a colonial wagon Laager

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:03 pm

I have always wanted to create my own wagon for the colonial period, get the feel of Blood River ox wagon laager, making a wagon seems simple enough, but i wanted alot of wagons.

Cash springs to mind, so ok its got to be cheap, i always some of my wagons with a canvas cover, they make a wagon look good, then i came up with a perfect idea that made it look right.

Heres how i did it, if you want to copy it you can download from the workbench on the website i have no problems with that.
Total cost for making a wagon with canvas = less than 10 pence in english money the only thing paid for was the wheels from Illregular Miniatures which gets you alot of wheels for less than five pounds.

Lollypop sticks, you get 100 for a quid, 7 sticks need for a wagon, thats 14 wagons with spares

image hosting free

Matchsticks, 100s of them for a pound only need a few for a wagon

forum image hosting

Balsa wood 2o pence for a lenght, only need abit i can get 20 wagons out of this with whats lefted over

image upload with preview

image hosting

Cardboard we all throw it away, great for canvas though.

free image uploading

Huh ! toilet roll sheet ? you work out the price.

windows screen capture

Paperclips, tons of them around 30 pence, picture wire i found laying around, lets paint this sucker up then.

image uploading

Ok when painting make sure you spray it with black matt, it gets in parts where its meant to be dark and stops the paints soaking into the wood ect.

I kept the oxen team seperate from the wagon ... why ?

image url

Because i always wanted a laager

forum image hosting

http://www.victorian-steel.com/
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: How to create a colonial wagon Laager

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:42 am

Inspiring Stuff as always!
Thanks for sharing!

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Artimas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: How to create a colonial wagon Laager

Post by Artimas » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:32 pm

They look very good!

Artimas
Jefferson City, Missouri USA