1st Brandenburg/Slomensk

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

1st Brandenburg/Slomensk

Post by Gunfreak » Mon May 18, 2015 2:16 pm

1st brandenburg regiment

Easly my best looking paint job evah, first base was done early january, the rest last week, still need another base and 2 more skirmishes.

Not as good looking but ok, the Slomensk dragoons.

Both are from the same army, the army of Silesia.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: 1st Brandenburg/Slomensk

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon May 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Hey Gunny,

Yes, that is a very fine paint job you did here. The Flag is from GMB?

Are you sure about the name of the Dragoons? Are those Russians? If so that would be Smolensk, yes?

Cheers,

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: 1st Brandenburg/Slomensk

Post by Gunfreak » Mon May 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Yes Russian dragoons, part of the IV cavalry corps in army of sileisa.

And yes GMB flags.