Another Brutal Tower Block Building

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:49 am

Again very quickly done, still a few mistakes, 28mm figures to show the size, which is 12 inch high

online photo sharing

I have never done it before, but for the first time i went "- Painting" and i now will stick to - painting,it gives you all sorts of weird colours and shades.

upload an image

Once the - painting was complete, i allowed to dry and highlight with a mild colour khaki, then a touch dry brush of magnolia

click image upload

The - paint colours were paint pots samples from any cheap DIY, these colours are dark brown and a orange.

image hosting over 10mb

The dry grass is from a hanging basket for plant, just cut pieces out and pull apart, the fibres are perfect, very cheap and lots of it, will last you years and save you a fortune.

photo sharing

I have seen models of ruin buildings and the iron bars that stick out from broken floor levels, people use cocktail sticks, i wanted the bends and to show them that they took some sort of damage, use paper clips was the answer for me.

upload image

Well i am working on my third now and its going to be so much better as i found some great tips in creating iron grills for damaged floors.

cheers Malc

http://www.victorian-steel.com/