28mm Mogadishu buildings ready for Hammerhead show

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Decided to revamp all my old Mogadishu buildings plus create more for the game at the Hammerhead show this year, here is the first one i created, i have a playstation 4 and was gaming a titled named "Dying Light" the buildings in the game are fantasic and this is where i got my idea from.

Had a picture in my head no plans and took two days to create, its 28mm and is good enough to put on the tabletop, five floor hotel is next on the cards.

All foamboard, clay in bits and texture sand, cardboard for shutters

image hosting over 5mb

Again top is cardboard, bits of balsa and everything is glued together with Bostik, i think PVA glue for me is not as used as much anymore, Bostik is the way forward as it sets quickly.

how to screenshot on windows

"Dying Light " steel blue door, air conditioner, is balsa wood and placed around a square foamboard, oven grill is the mesh, lollypop stick for the boarded up inside window

uploadimage

Again the top corrugated cardboard,i did used PVA glue on these, what i did i gave it a support of cardboard underneath to give it strenght, just used scissors to cut it up and give it the damaged look.

upload image online

The front again, i liked the idea of the shutters slightly tilted giving it that crappy look that its needs forcing to lift it up.

gifs upload

From the side, plenty of cover for the "Skinnys" thinking of adding smoke coming out of the air conditioner, could be a place for "Mr White and Jess" lets get cooking.

free image host

Otherside

free upload pictures

Well pretty happy with the work on this one, just the groundwork to do around on the base and thats out the way.

Cheers Malc from the Victorian Outpost