African project so far, the river

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:59 am

So the large battle for the Masai tribe and Wahehe are still being painted up , trying to get it all ready for the 17 September for the big game day at the Victorian Steel outpost, its going to be East Africa, riverboat needs to be created for the Germans, its now needs a African foot bridge creating with two hills on each side and plenty of jungle.

Table is 12ft by 6 ft, , first used spray adhesive, then placed the flooring soft vinyl, when placing you really do need to get it perfect, this was done in 3 pieces, slowly work from the middle and slightly push outwards to get rid of those bubbles.

image free hosting

This is the pattern close up

image hosting over 5mb

The boards we already worked on, we can have this river wide or narrow as this picture shows, we can also create a beach landing by removing one riverside, WWII maybe

image posting

28mm riverboat in the picture to show the size

post image online

Still not got it right to the quality we want, but i hope wargamers pick up on this idea, rather than just placing top rivers sections on boards, with this idea you could even remove all the boards and place hills on the water and have sea battles, its simple and just gives you that more about wargaming.

imagehosting

Still have lots of work to do, a footbridge and grass tuffs around the riverbanks, could even build a habour or a jetty, the world of wargaming just opens up eh !
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: African project so far, the river

Post by j1mwallace » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:50 pm

looking good. You tried Congo yet? I've only played 2 games but enjoyed them a lot !
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:28 am

More into the large games, not to sure about the Congo rules, i think that each year that a craze comes out, last year it was Frost-Grave, this year it seems Congo is the in thing.

Are the rules any good ? what faults and whats good
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Thats a lovley blue river, to bad it's full of Nile Crocodiels!

Great job on the terrain(as usual!)
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:54 am

Thanks Gunfreak