Shaken units and recovery and a couple of other things.

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Darkman
Major
Major

Shaken units and recovery and a couple of other things.

Post by Darkman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:16 am

If a unit is Shaken does it have to have a rally token in order to recover or can it do it automatically.

Is there a priority to allocating order markers. Rallying from retreating and rout seems to require them as a must before anything else is done. But if you had units advancing as part of the game orders, could you then give hold order markers to other units inorder to stop units advancing?
Gamey I know.

Lastly can you declare a charge on a unit on the basis that it will be in charge reach once it has moved. Example I declare a charge on a Cavalry unit that is at the moment out of reach. But my opponent has given it a move order when it moves it would be in charge reach. Can I still charge and contact it.

Thanks
Darkman
Major
Major

Post by Darkman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:30 am

Helloooooooooooooooooooo anybody out there?

Or have I manage to commit some awlful mistake or does nobody actually play the rules?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:56 am

See below, answers in red..

If a unit is Shaken does it have to have a rally token in order to recover or can it do it automatically.
If it takes no further casualties in the following turn it loses SHAKEN automatically. Otherwise it must test. That is in the rules

Is there a priority to allocating order markers. Rallying from retreating and rout seems to require them as a must before anything else is done. But if you had units advancing as part of the game orders, could you then give hold order markers to other units inorder to stop units advancing?
Gamey I know.
You answered your own question!

Lastly can you declare a charge on a unit on the basis that it will be in charge reach once it has moved. Example I declare a charge on a Cavalry unit that is at the moment out of reach. But my opponent has given it a move order when it moves it would be in charge reach. Can I still charge and contact it.
NO - TO GAMEY
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Darkman
Major
Major

Post by Darkman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Barry thanks for the replies.

I know my post sounded a bit frustrated but I could not believe that no one had an opinion in any way. It seems that everyone waits for you to answer. If people have played and at least can point others in the right direction without waiting then why not post?

The shaken part is in the section for orders which is where I thought you might have to allocate an order marker to it. Do they lose the shaken status at the end of the enemies turn, in their movement phase or in the morale phase at the end of the turn.

Have only played one game so far and playing the next on Sunday.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:03 pm

Steve,

the Turns are simultaneous movement ,so at the end the the turn the shaken would be lost.
eg.
Unit takes artillery casualties in turn 1, fails morale check and goes SHAKEN. In next turn the enemy shoot at but fail to hit the same unit. It has no other reason to test morale and so at the end of that turn it loses the SHAKEN.
If in T2 it was SHAKEN and took further loses it would test again. Or if in T2 it was still under fire but wanted to actively test to lose its SHAKEN it should place a marker to test for RALLY.

Interesting that no one replied as there are more and more gamers now using BLB. Sales have really held up and in fact are now running close to 1,000... somebody is playing somewhere!! :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford