just bought these

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Me paints good
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

just bought these

Post by Me paints good » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 am

just bought these like ten minutes ago, can't wait

will I like 'em? :D

what's the basic size of the units? looks like 18 on three bases.

thanks
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:45 am

18 figures on three bases of 6 but you don't need to put as many as 6 figures on... any thing between 4 and 6 is fine. They will count as 6. Try some scenics or a little vignette. If you look in the League of Augsburg gallery you get the idea! :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Graham Knight

Delivery duly received

Post by Graham Knight » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Barry
Just thought that I'd let you know that the set bought last week arrived in Brussels on Wednesday. Great service and am very impressed with the final version.
Best regards
Graham
Graham
Brussels
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:20 pm

glad to hear it Graham!!!! :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Me paints good
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Me paints good » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:09 am

Got my copy last week, very nice.

I'm a strictly 15mm guy and painted up my first unit (Dillon's Irish) on the half sized bases although I'm thinking about nixing thae and using the regular base sizes with 24 figs to a base + drumers, colours and mounted officers, should look impressive, just don't know if I'm willing to do all that work. :D Want to see if the rules are as much fun as advertised before I embark on a three year project.

For starters though I'm painting up six Dutch and Six French units to screw around with.
Wim VdB
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wim VdB » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:11 pm

I bought the rules last week at Salute, and they do look VERY good!
I even got a friend to buy a rulesset, though he is an absolute novice on this period.
We are planning some battles in the near future in 15mm. The first regiments are on our way!

Graham (from Brussels, I believe?), what size figures are you using?
We met two others (David Black & David Knight?) of the International Brigade at Salute who also were planning on buying the rules. Unfortunately, we didn't meet again on our way home.

We might start something bigger in Belgium, but then we all need to have our troops in the same (15mm) size, which might be a problem as the two Davids were talking about 10mm...
von pumpernickel

15mm

Post by von pumpernickel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:02 am

I've shrunk the base sizes to 30mm x 30mm for infantry and 40mm x 30mm for the cavalry for my 15mm collection, looks nice. As I'm going to end up doing two armies this shouldn't be a problem.
I'm using 4 units of infantry (as companies) to a battalion and going for smaller sized battles with similarly sized cavalry and dragoon units.
I'm currently using mostly dixons 15mm (that I've had knocking about for years! :) ) but am looking for any others that may be reasonably compatible, bought some Roundway, but they were huge.... any others out there that are reasonable????? :)
Hastati
Private
Private

Post by Hastati » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi Wim,
You met up with me, David Black, and JP on the train to Salute. We picked up our copies of BLB on the day as well. I'm interested in LOA/9YW, but unfortunately the Pendraken line for this is one of the old ones and after looking at them at Salute I don't think I'll be buying any. I might go with WSS in 10mm as the Pendraken line is quite good for this period. Either way, as a project it is on the back burner until next year at the earliest. It was good to see you and Philip again.
David
Wim VdB
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wim VdB » Thu May 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi David (Black)!
We bought some of the regiment packs from Venexia. Our main interest is also LOA, but we will use the regiments for WSS also, minus the pikemen :wink:

Unfortunately, I bought WAY to much lead on Salute, so it might take a while before we start our miniwars in the 17th C.