Use of BLB for Eastern Renaissance Deluge period?

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
The Warrior Pole

Use of BLB for Eastern Renaissance Deluge period?

Post by The Warrior Pole » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Barry, I received the rules today, and they are beautiful! Well worth the money, and a gorgeous presentation of what appears to be quite a lot of hard work.

The section on the eatern renaissance, specifically the Poles surprised me, as I just hadn't expected it. I was wondering whether you've used the rules to play Swedish-Polish war game from the 1640-50's, or of you had any recommendations on modifying the rules to fit a period with more pikes.

I was left curious because the game leaves the melee very vague, and I was left thinking that since what exactly is happening is not defined, and what exactly the pikes were doing, could the game very easily becoming a TYW type ruleset with a few mods?

Thanks for any comments,
Elisha
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:43 am

Elisha,

if you tell me what is vague I will try and clarify if I can.

Melee should be pretty straightforward. They would work for the earlier period although I may want to think about some amendments.. The cavalry rules would stand as written.

I didn't go into the Eastern Front in a big way because it was not the core focus of the rules. But I don't mind answering a few questions
cheers

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
The Warrior Pole

Post by The Warrior Pole » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Barry,

Perhaps vague wasn't the proper term, I guess what I was trying to say is that they don't go into great detail as to what the melee pertains, just the result. As such, having a western renaissance unit with 2 Musket stands and one of pike wouldn't make much of a difference to how the rules would work, if you see what I'm saying...

I guess the main question is if you'd change anything for the earlier pike and shot regiments... with, fore example the 2 to 1 shot/pike ratio.

Or, that aside, what rules do you use for TYW? Your units seem to be based just as I was thinking of using them for this early ren adaption of ULB.

I appreciate your time and help, and do love the rules!
Elisha