casualty removal

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
von pumpernickel

casualty removal

Post by von pumpernickel » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:35 am

I get the rationale about not removing casualties until you take 50%, but how many stands do you take off? :) 1 stand or 2?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Post 50% remove 1 stand, after that go with exactly the number of casualties received ie on the 12th remove 2 stands :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
von pumpernickel

Post by von pumpernickel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am

Thanks for clearing that up. :) makes sense to me now. Thanks
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Barry, how does the casualty removal work for a regiment of horse that has all of it's squadrons together as an all or nothing charge. I see that you say you remove a base from a squadron that has lost 50%, if both squadrons have 50% casualties should the regiment be represented as two remaining bases one behind the other or should they be placed side by side to maintain frontage?

Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:30 pm

obriendavid wrote:Barry, how does the casualty removal work for a regiment of horse that has all of it's squadrons together as an all or nothing charge. I see that you say you remove a base from a squadron that has lost 50%, if both squadrons have 50% casualties should the regiment be represented as two remaining bases one behind the other or should they be placed side by side to maintain frontage?
Barry, this situation came up in the big game last night and again we weren't sure how to operate the two squadrons. We eventually decided to place the remaining squadrons side by side to maintain frontage.
Is that the corect way to do it?

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Not if you were combining the two written down squadrons into one Dave.
If you operated them as two squadrons each of three figs sitting side by side then that is correct but there is no compulsion to maintain the frontage of a single full strength unit by two seperate written down units.

They should operate individually and having each had casualties it will clearly be more difficult to make them do anything...
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford