Morale

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Morale

Post by J Anderson » Sun May 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi Barry

It was a pleasure to meet the man behind the rules and also to play my first game with them courtesy of the Border Reivers. A couple of things stumped me yesterday. The first was in the morale chapter I understand that all troop types test morale when friendly infantry routs however it`s the fourth point on the "Testing infantry morale section that has puzzeled me. The friends are in rout in line of sight and were visible and within 12" section applies only to infantry so I was wondering what applies to cavalry. The second point was when a unit is charged in the flank and not engaged to it`s front does it turn around to face the enemy.

Cheers again

Jim.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi Jim,

All reasons for cavalry testing are listed under cavalry morale. I am actually at Heathrow right now bound for the Gulf so don't have a cpoy of BLB with me!!! :oops:
Infantry caught in the flank whilst engaged to their front DO NOT turn to face. Infantry charged in the flank and not engaged to their front , by an enemy who is greater than half of their charge move distance from the 'charged' body CAN turn a single stand to face on a morale result of SHAKEN or better.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by J Anderson » Sun May 11, 2008 9:55 pm

You get about Barry hope it`s not terminal five