Rule questions following 2nd game

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
nytullett23
Private
Private

Rule questions following 2nd game

Post by nytullett23 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi, I have just have my second enjoyable game of BLB :D which went quite smoothly, grateful to all of you who have raised issues on this forum, I have a few extra issues which I would be very grateful if some clarification could be given on. :?

Strategic Movement – this is mentioned in the play sequence but I can’t find any other reference to it in the rules.

Attacking troops behind obstacles (hedge lines – field works and build up areas etc) Are there any melee factors that are appropriate. Do the attackers stop at a defended hedge line etc and fight normally against the defenders or must they carry out the random deduction die roll to get across the obstacle in order to fight?

Arch of fire for foot - is there one or is firing for foot only done straight ahead.

Cav Combat –In situations when a cav melee is won by a unit that had friendly rear support and the winner does not which to pursue does each of the units i.e. front unit and rear support test to cease pursuit on an individual basis. If they do is it possible that say the front unit passes the test not to pursue, but the support unit fails, and that unit pursues though the unit that passed and disorders both units.

Cav Combat - In situations when a routing cav unit passes through a friendly cav unit disordering them and that unit is then hit by the pursuers, do the pursuers hit on 6’s only the same as the disordered target? :shock: Do the pursuers test to charge and the charged test.

Cav Combat – Is it correct that a cav unit that won a round of melee against over cav say by inflicting 3 hits but suffered a hit in return must take a morale test (as per the reasons to test morale) or is the test waived.

Retreat\Retire – is there any difference, cav failing a morale test retire, foot retreat.

C in C – When attached to an individual unit, does the morale modifier still count for other units.

Brigade Commanders – When attached to an individual unit does he still have a command range to influence other units.

Many thks

Nigel
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:59 am

Nigel,

travelling right now... will try and get to these tonite

cheers

Barry
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Strategic Movement – this is mentioned in the play sequence but I can’t find any other reference to it in the rules.
I don't think I left this out but it MAY be apossibility.. will check when I return to the uK
Attacking troops behind obstacles (hedge lines – field works and build up areas etc) Are there any melee factors that are appropriate. Do the attackers stop at a defended hedge line etc and fight normally against the defenders or must they carry out the random deduction die roll to get across the obstacle in order to fight?
Attackers can charge a defended obstacle even if the attackers are not SHAKEN. They charge up to the obstacle and fight over it BUT do not MOVE over it unless they win and push back the enemy

Arch of fire for foot - is there one or is firing for foot only done straight ahead.
Draw a straight line out from the centre point of the rear of the figure base through each of the front base edges - this is the arc of fire
Cav Combat –In situations when a cav melee is won by a unit that had friendly rear support and the winner does not which to pursue does each of the units i.e. front unit and rear support test to cease pursuit on an individual basis. If they do is it possible that say the front unit passes the test not to pursue, but the support unit fails, and that unit pursues though the unit that passed and disorders both units.
A rear unit cannot be 'supporting' it is either fighting via the ALL or nothing charge rule or it has already been fed into an existing melee. Therefore if unengaged it is not obliged to Pursue. If engaged the owning player can choose to test by squadron OR average the figures across all squadrons in melee and do a single test. Must abide by result for all

Cav Combat - In situations when a routing cav unit passes through a friendly cav unit disordering them and that unit is then hit by the pursuers, do the pursuers hit on 6’s only the same as the disordered target? Do the pursuers test to charge and the charged test.

Only on 6s, neither test unless the Pursuers are attempting to cease pursuit before contact

Cav Combat – Is it correct that a cav unit that won a round of melee against over cav say by inflicting 3 hits but suffered a hit in return must take a morale test (as per the reasons to test morale) or is the test waived.
NO winners DO NOT TEST in cavalry combat

Retreat\Retire – is there any difference, cav failing a morale test retire, foot retreat.

Retire is more orderely than retreat. Retiring Horse rally for 1 Turn and are thereafter OK. Retreating foot continue to test until stabilsed or can in fact ROUT (which is highly liely without support and disordered)

C in C – When attached to an individual unit, does the morale modifier still count for other units.

If within 12 inch range yes

Brigade Commanders – When attached to an individual unit does he still have a command range to influence other units.

If within 6 inches range AND NOT ENGAGED IN MELEE

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford