4" bounce

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

4" bounce

Post by J Anderson » Thu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi barry

When a cavalry unit loses a melee against infantry and tests it`s morale and fails the test, is the 4" bounce the only adverse thing that happens to it. Or does it do the bounce and then rout at the start of the next turn. If not does the cavalry test for morale bounce 4" and then stay where it is and reform on a rally order like the infantry but only 4" from each other.

Jim.
Churchill
General
General

4" bounce

Post by Churchill » Fri May 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Barry,

Just to add to this, I have not found this in the Rule Book, but it doe's state on the quick referance sheet in the box with the heading "Foot v Cavalry Melees & Results" Cavalry losing a melee test morale and are Bounced 4" back from their opponents in Cavalry v Foot.Is there a need for this box and could this not have gone in the box above with the heading "Cavalry v Foot".
What it doe's say in the main rule book on Page 21 is under the heading "Losers"....Cavalry losing a melee test morale and are routed if they fail..........it's a bit puzzling :? :wink:

Thanx...........Ray.

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Chaps,

cavalry losing melee and failing test rout. When a mleee has been fought for three rounds and the result is inconclusive this is when the bounce out 4inches occurs..compulsory rally
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by J Anderson » Fri May 30, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi Barry

So if an infantry vs infantry melee is inconclusive both sides retire a full move apart. BUT if an infantry vs cavalry melee is inconclusive the cavalry bounce 4", so does the infantry do it`s retire as normal. Thanks for putting up with all the question by the way.

Jim.
Churchill
General
General

4" Bounce

Post by Churchill » Fri May 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Thank you Barry for that explaination.It seems that 4" is the distance all units be they Infantry or Cavalry retire after three rounds of melee to reform.
Jim, Cavalry v Infantry if no one routs after three rounds of melee the Cavalry bounce 4" and the Infantry retire a full move 4" both are disordered and need to reform.Infantry v Infantry as above both retire 4" and need to reform.
This Sunday Jim my cavalry won't be bouncing anywhere :wink: please please don't give me another Plodder for a C-in-C :shock:

Regards...........Ray.

J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by J Anderson » Sat May 31, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi Ray

I didn`t give you a plodder Colin YOUR cinc rolled for one. Any way thats sorted the bounce out, I suspected that was the reason for the 4" move distance but wanted to hear it for from mr LOA himself.

Jim