BLB Rule Issues

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
nytullett23
Private
Private

BLB Rule Issues

Post by nytullett23 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Barry,

Could I put forward a suggestion that a "frequently asked questions and answered page\info sheet" be put together for BLB.

I think the rules are great, and have resulted in me selling off most of my 15mm armies to get big in 25/28mm using BLB but there seems to be a number of players like myself who come across issues which they are finding slow the speed of play as they try to get to grips with the methods.

If a printable sheet could be created with questions and answers under separate headings I am sure it would help players look for the correct interpretation of the rules. Just a suggestion. :)

Nigel
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:09 pm

It is a good idea Nigel. Obviously no use to the 750 owners who already have the rules unless they log back into the site for a download but for copies yet to be purchased yes.
The thing is though, in itself it would need constant updating as people ask new questions which was part of the reason for the Forum section. I am happy to consider all options to get the message across... I just want the period to become more popular :D
The other issue for me is a very personal one...
Some gamers will literally test a ruleset to destruction through 'creative' interpretation. I stated very early on in the process that BLB was not a competition gamer's rule set. I don't play like that and therefore huge over qualification of points was never going to be part of the BLB way.
No matter how much is explained there will always be someone who finds the loophole :shock:
As always, I am very willing to invest the time in helping people understand so let's see how it develops..
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford