weekly rules query

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

weekly rules query

Post by J Anderson » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi Barry

Another club question do cavalry failing a test after seeing friendly infantry rout within 12" also rout. Nice amendments by the way.

Jim.
Churchill
General
General

Cavalry Morale Circumstances

Post by Churchill » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi Jim,

I saw your question to Barry and I'm a bit confused also........
On P23 under the heading MORALE the first line say's "Cavalry test for routing friendly infantry, but ignore routing friendly cavalry and gunners" no mention of 12".
In the "TESTING INFANTRY MORALE" it has a separate circumstance for Friend's are in rout within 12" and Seeing friend's destroyed within 12".
On P24 in the "CAVALRY MORALE" it has the Seeing friend's destroyed within 12", but not the Friend's are in rout within 12".
I think this a mistake and another thing left out of the rules when they went to print.
So I think they Rout if they fail their test.

Ray.

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 pm

The distance for morale tests concerning friends routing is 12" for any troop type
The 'seeing friends destroyed' is a different kind of test... if anything designed to give heart to troops not demoralise them. The have admired the bravery of their friends under fire which may spur them onto greater efforts.
Ray is correct there is an omission on P24 which should read.. cavalry test for friendly infantry routong within 12" and line of sight this turn or last(if to the left of the testing unit)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford